OUCOM secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poormansDO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OUCOM has tried to send the secondary to my email a few times but i haven't received it. i called twice and the lady said they'll send it but i haven't gotten it. can somebody email me the secondary info at [email protected], including a copy of the contract for out-of-staters. thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

can anybody tell me if the OUCOM secondary comes via snail mail or email?

can anybody tell me if the OUCOM secondary comes via snail mail or email?

Snail mail... I red tagged it and put it into my fiel folder...haven't gotten it out again since. Five years of contractual obligation??...only if i got rejected everywhere else would I consider that :p

Good luck to you though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Snail mail... I red tagged it and put it into my fiel folder...haven't gotten it out again since. Five years of contractual obligation??...only if i got rejected everywhere else would I consider that :p

Good luck to you though!

drmax, how long after they received your AACOMAS did you receive the secondary?

Good luck to you though!

That sounds crappy.

Told you so pporman... but you didn't want to believe me. Relax, I'm sure they will send you a secondary soon. Good luck :luck:

I believe you now, they should update their website because it says they email secondaries and also the lady on the phone said they send by email. So its not that I didn't believe you, it's just that the other information I received was contradictory to what you said so I didn't know what to believe.

I believe you now, they should update their website because it says they email secondaries and also the lady on the phone said they send by email. So its not that I didn't believe you, it's just that the other information I received was contradictory to what you said so I didn't know what to believe.

Maybe in-state is by email... It wouldn't have the enormous contract included...ughh..

On my return trip to O'Hare in the Enterprise shuttle, a OU grad sort of chastized me for my anger at their five-year contract. He said it would be a great opportunity to spend five years in the ohio hospital system. While I agree that it would be great to be in that system, I wouldnt' want to be contractually OBLIGATED to do so. My father is a lawyer and I had him read over the contract. It is sound.

since they don't take many out of staters and since out of staters don't all sign the contract of admission. if someone is an out of stater and has decent stats and is a minority and signs the contract of admission, is that a shoe in to receive an interview invite?

The OUCOM secondary email/letter says: Given the extremely large number of highly qualified applicants, individuals who do not sign the contract will not be invited for interview.

does this mean that all individuals who do sign the contract will be given an interview?

does this mean that all individuals who do sign the contract will be given an interview?

Probably not.

You all do realize that if you do a primary care (FM, IM, Peds) residency in the CORE hospital system that you satisfy the contract, right? And if you do a non-primary care residency each year spent in residency counts for a year in the contract. In other words, do a FM residency, you're done. Do a 5-year surgery residency, you're done.

I don't see what the big deal is about the contract. Unless, of course, you want to attend an allopathic GME program or one in your home state.

Probably not.

You all do realize that if you do a primary care (FM, IM, Peds) residency in the CORE hospital system that you satisfy the contract, right? And if you do a non-primary care residency each year spent in residency counts for a year in the contract. In other words, do a FM residency, you're done. Do a 5-year surgery residency, you're done.

I don't see what the big deal is about the contract. Unless, of course, you want to attend an allopathic GME program or one in your home state.

Then why does the contract specifically state that AFTER residency, you must come back to Ohio to fulfill your residency requirement? There is also a buy out option.

Probably not.

Hey Shinken, do u think i have a chance for an interview with a 3.43 science, 3.39 overall and 23O MCAT, i am out of state who did sign the five year contract and am currently complete at OUCOM and i am a minority, is it true that most out of state students are minorities?

Hey Shinken, do u think i have a chance for an interview with a 3.43 science, 3.39 overall and 23O MCAT, i am out of state who did sign the five year contract and am currently complete at OUCOM and i am a minority, is it true that most out of state students are minorities?

Sorry, but I have no idea what your chances are. Only the admissions committee can determine that. Besides, numbers are only part of the story. Remember that they'll look at the "whole person." ;)