Out of State Acceptance Rates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fun8stuff

*hiding from patients*
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a list out there that lists medical school's out-of-state acceptance rates, mcat, gpa, and such? Preferably online or this forum...

Thanks a bunch!

Members don't see this ad.

You could pick up a copy of the MSAR. It's a pretty useful resource.

review.com has some useful info, but the amount of detail it goes into varies greatly from school to school.

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys. I do have the MSAR, but it would take awhile to pick all of this out and organize it as it is in the links.

Anybody know of anythign that is up to date? I couldn't find % out of state acceptances for each school on AAMC website. I guess the other one gives a pretty good idea.

I don't know if this helps you, but nonresidents comprise 50-60% of the entering classes at UMich. It's a great school and it's nonresident friendly! I applied as a nonresident and I'll be there this fall.

Good luck!

elias514 said:
I don't know if this helps you, but nonresidents comprise 50-60% of the entering classes at UMich. It's a great school and it's nonresident friendly! I applied as a nonresident and I'll be there this fall.

Good luck!

LOL... I know and I hate that this is true! ...I'm a Michigan resident! Umich is an awesome school that loves out of staters and really shoots for a diverse class (affirmative action), and the fact that I'm as whiter than ghost doesn't help! I'm sure you will have a good experience there and congrats!

In response to a question about which schools accept out of state residents

I don't know if you've got the time to check, but some schools' websites post their numbers.

-vandyfox