Out of state.. anything special?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

burntoutstudent39

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

For anyone who knows anything on applying out of state to different schools, is there anything special that needs to be done? I'm a resident of Indiana, but most of the schools I'm looking at are out of state. A person at my school said I need to check on transfer equivalents. Is that for all schools, or just some? I start the application process in June!!

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Transfer equivalents? Are you transferring? It doesn't matter as long as you fulfill requirements for all your schools.

Hey everyone!

For anyone who knows anything on applying out of state to different schools, is there anything special that needs to be done? I'm a resident of Indiana, but most of the schools I'm looking at are out of state. A person at my school said I need to check on transfer equivalents. Is that for all schools, or just some? I start the application process in June!!

Thank you in advance for any advice!

As long as your prereqs are approved by PTCAS there really is nothing to be done regarding transfer equivalents. The exception would be schools who are looking for very specific coursework, which is rare. I think you'll find the only difference is for out of state schools you'll have to open your bank account a lot wider.