KatieJune

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
Can Anyone give me an idea which schools do not care what your state of residence is for acceptance -meaning they don't give preference to in state residents? I have researched this myself and have found the answers for some schools, but not for others. thanks!

DrMom

Official Mom of SDN
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
wherever I go, there I am
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
In general, public schools limit out-of-state students and private ones don't, although there are exceptions.

My school (Oklahoma) alots 15 of the 88 slots in each class for out-of-state students.

Fenrezz

AT Stills Worst Nightmare
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
Ft. Tulsadale
Status (Visible)
The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey also limits the amount of out-of-staters they accept.

That I know of, Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida doesn't put much stock in state residency, but don't quote me on that.

I believe West Virginia and Pikeville also desire state residents, or at least, residents of states near their respective schools, but again, don't quote me on that.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads