1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Out-of-Staters Applying to UCLA

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by locitamd, Dec 16, 2001.

1. locitamd

locitamd Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Anybody know what's up with UCLA? If they don't invite you to complete a secondary, when do they send out rejection letters?

Or, how recently have people received the invite to complete a secondary?

I just went to the status check page, and it says my UCLA app. was complete Sept 26 - but everything else on the page is blank.

I don't think I have a wish or a prayer of getting in, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jessica

Jessica Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey, maybe I can be of a little help. I was at UCLA last week, and I happened to overhear some calls to the admissions desk (I was bored, I didn't hear any specifics, just whatever the admissions person said) According to the office staff, a decision about whether you will reveive a secondary or not should be made within one month (one month from submission or one month from last week I don't know) Try giving the office a call, they seemed pretty nice about helping out the people who called about their app status.

4. eagle26

eagle26 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    hey locitamd, I'm in the same boat as you are. I called them last week and they said that my file is in review and I should hear about a decision to fill out a secondary within the next month. Kind of late if you ask me, I'd rather they rejected me flat out then making me hang. Who knows. Here's hoping, for both of us!

5. locitamd

locitamd Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Joseph, thanks so much for the info. I completely agree with you, I think at this point I'd rather the rejection than being toyed with. I wonder if there is anything we can do at this point to tip the scales in our favour. Good luck with it, I hope it comes through for you.

Jessica, thanks also for your post and congrats on the interview.