Outdated Pathoma?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peiwei789

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was lucky enough to get the 1st edition pathoma book and the corresponding videos for free from a friend. Are these still good for a 2018 Step 1? How much do these materials change from year to year?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm gonna be honest with you, you shouldn't cheap out on this exam. Pay for the most up-to-date version of Pathoma. There is a decent amount of errors in the older version that is corrected in the new videos. I believe Dr. Sattar has added a few videos in recent years to his playlist. Step 1 is arguably the most important exam any medical student will take, so now is not the time to be cheap.

Reactions: 1 user
Stealing Dr. Sattar is bad step 1 karma.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Stealing Dr. Sattar is bad step 1 karma.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile
Yeah, Pathoma is a great and very reasonably priced (unlike many others) resource for medical students. Dr. Sattar deserves the money.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all,

I was lucky enough to get the 1st edition pathoma book and the corresponding videos for free from a friend. Are these still good for a 2018 Step 1? How much do these materials change from year to year?

Thanks!

No, the price of Step 1 is $1200. Exam, Uworld, Pathoma, FA. Buy the latest editions for all of them. They all change.

No, the price of Step 1 is $1200. Exam, Uworld, Pathoma, FA. Buy the latest editions for all of them. They all change.

Do people really buy a new subscription to Pathoma? I bought it during M1 since my school is systems-based so I got the 2015 edition book. So do people shell out another $100 to get the 2016/2017 book?

Do people really buy a new subscription to Pathoma? I bought it during M1 since my school is systems-based so I got the 2015 edition book. So do people shell out another $100 to get the 2016/2017 book?

The videos are the most useful. No need to take shortcuts with pathoma.

If you are illegally account sharing and have access to the 2015+ book, I doubt you'd be missing out.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The videos are the most useful. No need to take shortcuts with pathoma.

If you are illegally account sharing and have access to the 2015+ book, I doubt you'd be missing out.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Where did you get that I'm illegally account sharing? I said I bought a Pathoma subscription in my M1 year (2015) so I got the 2015 edition book then. I'm now an M2 and will be taking Step 1 in 2017 so I was wondering if people re-buy the subscription around January of M2 to get the newest edition book.

Where did you get that I'm illegally account sharing? I said I bought a Pathoma subscription in my M1 year (2015) so I got the 2015 edition book then. I'm now an M2 and will be taking Step 1 in 2017 so I was wondering if people re-buy the subscription around January of M2 to get the newest edition book.

You should just annotate pathoma into first aid imo.

Are 2016 pathoma book and videos recent enough for the 2018 exam???

I hope so.......I just bought a subscription last month