Outed as a non-Christian by a pimp question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunshinefl

All Gold Everything
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
That awkward moment when your very Catholic preceptor asks, “What is that biblical disease?” and you say “.....plague?” because you’ve never read the Bible but it sounds vaguely correct. Yikes lol. Just found it simultaneously amusing and annoying. FYI he wanted Leprosy.

Members don't see this ad.

Yikes lol! I once joked with my Christian preceptor that, as a child (<10), my favorite part of mass was the yummy tiny wine soaked piece of bread we were given. He sorta looked at me all serious-like and said “you’re lucky you’re not an alcoholic”. Not terribly flattering review, but my COMAT rocked so it wound up okay :whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
That awkward moment when your very Catholic preceptor asks, “What is that biblical disease?” and you say “.....plague?” because you’ve never read the Bible but it sounds vaguely correct. Yikes lol. Just found it simultaneously amusing and annoying. FYI he wanted Leprosy.
I’ve read the Bible a lot, there are plague’s in the Bible. You’re fine

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
**Pulls out prescription for three Hail Marys**

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Wait... did you see a patient with leprosy?

LOL - plagues and leprosy are both in there.
Alternate answers: boils, blindness, lameness (supposedly paraplegia, but interpret as you will) or turning into salt

• Haha
The 10 plagues of Egypt were in the Bible. None were illness, unless you count killing of the first born, which is not a great thing to be discussed on Peds rounds.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
The 10 plagues of Egypt were in the Bible. None were illness, unless you count killing of the first born, which is not a great thing to be discussed on Peds rounds.
I saw a show on some educational channel (back when it was actually educational stuff and not just reality shows and aliens) that went through scientific explanations for the plagues. The first born thing was due to shortage of food and contamination of what there was (and the first born male getting fed more of whatever and therefore being the one to die).

Weren't you converting to Catholicism? Or am I confusing you with someone else?

you are starting to see that MS3 is not so much what you know but if you are well liked...do not worry about it

I think it’s ok, my very Jewish preceptor grilled me on Pope Clement V

• Wow
I think it’s ok, my very Jewish preceptor grilled me on Pope Clement V
Just tell them the first three Clements were the only good ones, like with the Rocky films.

• Haha
Or Star Wars....still dreading watching RoS given all the reviews, but gotta finish a 30 year journey :)

Meh way overblown. Some complaints are warranted but no more than any of the others from Lucas’ films. For example, people like to conveniently forget Sheev came back in the EU :shrug:

Reactions: 1 user