Overall outcomes so far:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

Dr. Josh

So which SDNer is having the most success in the admission process?

Any with surprising acceptances?

Any with surprising WLs or rejections?

Members don't see this ad.

Dr. Josh said:

4 acceptances to 2 rejections and 1 waitlist so far.

Also have 5 other schools to hear from.

So I think its turning out pretty good.

I was surprised at my one waitlist, I go to URochester for undergrad, figured I had a good shot of getting in there.

Overall Ive been very pleased, but Im sure there are many that are doing "better" than me.

I dont think we should be competing about this success thing, afterall, we are all going to be doctors. That is what really counts.

Members don't see this ad :)
i dont think ive had tremendous success but i got into my top choice so im not complaining. I think had i applied on time I would have had more choices in the end. BUt that said, I do feel ive emerged from this process with a good understanding of what it takes to do well, and how to shape yourself so the adcoms look favorably, with help of some sdn'ers. People starting the process, Id be happy to share what i have learned with you; message me.

Dr. Josh said:
I was trying to concentrate on the acceptances not the rejections. Who is faring best acceptance-wise? Anyone get into all their schools so far or most of them?
Success is relative. Who cares if you got in to 15 out of 20 or 1 out of 1 (The latter obviously being more successful, scoring 100 %). Be happy that you got in anywhere and that you are going to be a doctor. This shouldn't be a pissing contest. Enough said!

Sorry if this sounds angry, but we have all tried very hard to be successful and one very small failure (ie: rejection from the one school you really wanted) can really take a toll

Dr. Josh said:

I was very suprised when i got waitlisted at Case...I have been student of the year there two times, 4.0 student, lots of ECs and very respectable MCATs. It def had me down in the dumps for a while, but my Pitt acceptance sure put an end to that... :D

Dr. Josh said:

Well, I got accepted to one of my top choices, so I guess I am the one with the most success :thumbup: :rolleyes: