Overseas Scope After MDS In Pediatric dentistry

Started by NICPEDO
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NICPEDO

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From:

Dr. Nirav A Barad

[B.D.S, M.D.S]



Respected Sir/Madam,


This Is Dr. Nirav A Barad From Surat, Gujarat, India. I had completed My B.D.S in 2012. I had completed My Postgraduation M.D.S In PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY in 2016 and got Gold medal for the same. I had done research work in my postgraduation named " Complete Caries Removal Vs Sealing Caries In Carious Primary Molars Using Hall"s Technique: An In Vivo Study". I had also prepared Dissertation on "Tooth Avulsion"


Can You please How can i get admission in MS in Field Pediatric dentistry In USA based on my credentials Please help me out regarding exams and procedure i need to follow.


Hoping for Your favourable Response


Yours sincerely,


Dr. Nirav A Barad

[ B.D.S, M.D.S - Pediatric Dentistry]
 
Send email to each state Board and ask for their licensing requirements. Then search for programs accordingly.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey buddy .. I know this sounds rude . Indian mds doesnt mean anything except it may look good on your cv . Pedo is very competitive in US. You will have to do DMD to be considered for peds program. Then also it's tough. And on side note , quality of dental education is really bad in India. And you ll realize this when you ll do DMD in US. I know you ll hate me for this comment but I have been there and done what you are doing now. So don't waste your time and start looking for advanced standing or international DMD program. Good luck

Ps- btw just to let you I

QUOTE="NICPEDO, post: 18846543, member: 842005"]From:

Dr. Nirav A Barad

[B.D.S, M.D.S]



Respected Sir/Madam,


This Is Dr. Nirav A Barad From Surat, Gujarat, India. I had completed My B.D.S in 2012. I had completed My Postgraduation M.D.S In PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY in 2016 and got Gold medal for the same. I had done research work in my postgraduation named " Complete Caries Removal Vs Sealing Caries In Carious Primary Molars Using Hall"s Technique: An In Vivo Study". I had also prepared Dissertation on "Tooth Avulsion"


Can You please How can i get admission in MS in Field Pediatric dentistry In USA based on my credentials Please help me out regarding exams and procedure i need to follow.


Hoping for Your favourable Response


Yours sincerely,


Dr. Nirav A Barad

[ B.D.S, M.D.S - Pediatric Dentistry][/QUOTE]
 
Hey buddy .. I know this sounds rude . Indian mds doesnt mean anything except it may look good on your cv . Pedo is very competitive in US. You will have to do DMD to be considered for peds program. Then also it's tough. And on side note , quality of dental education is really bad in India. And you ll realize this when you ll do DMD in US. I know you ll hate me for this comment but I have been there and done what you are doing now. So don't waste your time and start looking for advanced standing or international DMD program. Good luck

Ps- btw just to let you I

QUOTE="NICPEDO, post: 18846543, member: 842005"]From:

Dr. Nirav A Barad

[B.D.S, M.D.S]



Respected Sir/Madam,


This Is Dr. Nirav A Barad From Surat, Gujarat, India. I had completed My B.D.S in 2012. I had completed My Postgraduation M.D.S In PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY in 2016 and got Gold medal for the same. I had done research work in my postgraduation named " Complete Caries Removal Vs Sealing Caries In Carious Primary Molars Using Hall"s Technique: An In Vivo Study". I had also prepared Dissertation on "Tooth Avulsion"


Can You please How can i get admission in MS in Field Pediatric dentistry In USA based on my credentials Please help me out regarding exams and procedure i need to follow.


Hoping for Your favourable Response


Yours sincerely,


Dr. Nirav A Barad

[ B.D.S, M.D.S - Pediatric Dentistry]
[/QUOTE]
 
Hey DR. Nirav there are many dental schools and hospitals offering pediatric dentistry residency (MDS equivalent in USA). After completing any program in pediatric dentistry , you are eligible for dental license in some states.
Link for information about available PEDO residency programs : Pediatric Dentistry Residency Program | The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry

There is one special residency program hosted at University of florida : which is only offered to Foreign dentists WHO have previous training in pediatrics in their country. This program is accelerated ,which means you get Certificate of Pediatric dentistry after 1 year instead of 2 years like most residency programs. Advanced Placement in Pediatric Dentistry for Internationally-Educated Pediatric Dentists » Office of Admissions » College of Dentistry » University of Florida