Overwhelmed: What's the best study material?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MNova

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've just started really studying for the DATs which I plan on taking July 20th.

I feel overwhelmed with the amount of resources out there. Currently, I'm enrolled in a Kaplan course, have been reviewing the Review Book, will move onto the Lesson book, and do all the assignments on Kaplan's website.

I also have DAT Destroyer which I will get to as soon as I feel comfortable with the Kaplan stuff.

I was told to purchase Crack DAT PAT for the PAT section.

I see a recurring theme on SDN about Cliff's Bio and Achiever / TopScore. Can someone fill me in on Achiever / TS? Are they practice exams? Are people generally purchasing the old Kaplan DATs and purchasing Achiever and / or TS practice exams as well?

Is there anything I'm missing from my current plan / arsenal that I really shouldn't be without?

I apologize if there is a similar post somewhere ... the posts I was finding with similar subject headings primarily dealt with material on sale.

I'd appreciate any help you could provide.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Alright well i'll definitely say people have a contrasting opinion on Kaplan for Biology. I am currently enrolled in the course as well and i can say it will definitely help you raise your score if you know it inside and out. After you are comfortable with kaplan then you can move onto the DAT destroyer. You should also purchase Crack DAT PAT as it is unanimously the closest thing to the real pat and gives you a S*#*load of practice. Topscore pro and DAT Achiever both contrain three full practice exams. Top score is better to actually take a mock exam as it is relatively similar to the real exam (so i've) heard. Unfortunately, Achiever is crap if you ask me as a knowledge guage as the questions are way harder than the exam. Achiever is good to use as a study source.
If you use Kaplan and follow it destroyer while practicing CDP, you should do relatively well. Make sure when you take practice exams, don't only read the answer to the ones you missed, but all the problems wheter you got them right or wrong. Make sure u understand why all the other choices are wrong, and why the right answer is right.

I am scheduled to take my exam on the 17th of July so i feel ur pain. Just cram and you'll do fine!

I am in the exact same situation as you.

I too just started to study and I'm also enrolled in Kaplan. I scored a 16 AA and a 21 PAT on the diagnostic...

My test date is also July 20th.

You need to relax because after you get through the Kaplan stuff, you're going to be fairly well prepared. Not to mention if you do all the other stuff. My plan is to study 4 hours 5 days a week.

I'm sure my scores are going to go way up.

Best of luck!