OVERWORKED , PATIENT SAFETY AT RISK IN RETAIL PHARMACY ON NBC NATIONAL NEWS**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sozetone

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Click the link and watch this video that made national news on how burnt out and over worked the profession is. A few pharmacists came forward ad talked about it . How we are required to do so many tasks with so little help. The dangers it poses on patient safety. this is a very importnant topic these days and im glad its getting NATIONAL attention,

if you cant click , just paste it in.

regards...

Soze

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
None of it will matter until some blonde hair blue eyed cheerleader idealistic teen dies from a med error.

Members don't see this ad :)
BOP know what is going on and dont care either. Its just sad what our profession has turned into. Its news now...but unless the foot is kept on the gas pedal things wont change. I applaud for them speaking out though. Most of us cant because we know we would get fired.

BOP know what is going on and dont care either. Its just sad what our profession has turned into. Its news now...but unless the foot is kept on the gas pedal things wont change. I applaud for them speaking out though. Most of us cant because we know we would get fired.

I'm at the point where I really don't care if I get fired anymore. I'll still show up to work and do what I can, but not at the cost of my health and well-being. No amount of money is worth that. My student loan debt is already paid off, if they let me go I will just take a shot at a different career.

But to be fair, I might be singing a different tune if I was drowning in debt or had kids to feed. Thank goodness I do not, and I feel for everyone who is in that situation.

the second time since COVID that pharmacists have made it to national news.

Reactions: 1 user
At least in my state, Walgreens +/- CVS encourage their "leaders" to get on the BOP's boards, and they influence policy in this way. Somehow their stores are not reprimanded for not following rules that other pharmacies are subject to. I imagine we will soon see the same from Pillpack/Amazon. It's toxic.

At least in my state, Walgreens +/- CVS encourage their "leaders" to get on the BOP's boards, and they influence policy in this way. Somehow their stores are not reprimanded for not following rules that other pharmacies are subject to. I imagine we will soon see the same from Pillpack/Amazon. It's toxic.
What state are you in? My state BOP and reps are mainly pharmacists and techs from independent pharmacies which helps alot.

There are incompetent technicians, clerks, and even pharmacists. Staffing is an issue, sure... but hiring low IQ individuals to increase staffing does not lead to better outcomes.