P1 Failure due to Death in Family - Chances for readmittance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Butterfly750

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone :)

To be concise, I failed all my classes during my third quarter in pharmacy school due to a death in the family. The school was aware of my circumstances. I was wondering if anyone has been in the same position and was readmitted to the same school or another after re-applying!

Thank you so much! :)

Members don't see this ad.

"I failed all my classes during my third quarter in pharmacy school due to a death in the family. The school was aware of my circumstances."

So why did they dismiss you? Have you been through every appeals process available to you?

"I failed all my classes during my third quarter in pharmacy school due to a death in the family. The school was aware of my circumstances."

So why did they dismiss you? Have you been through every appeals process available to you?

I did not take the option to leave and return unfortunately. I have spoken with a few schools and they said the would consider me if I reapplied (some schools do not re-consider students that have previously attended another college of pharmacy)

Members don't see this ad :)
I did not take the option to leave and return unfortunately. I have spoken with a few schools and they said the would consider me if I reapplied (some schools do not re-consider students that have previously attended another college of pharmacy)

you didn't fail because of a death in the family. You failed because you are weak and stupid. My whole family is dead you don't seem me here making excuses, blaming other people. Go into nursing or communications. Pharmacy is not right for someone as soft and feeble as you.

Hi Everyone :)

To be concise, I failed all my classes during my third quarter in pharmacy school due to a death in the family. The school was aware of my circumstances. I was wondering if anyone has been in the same position and was readmitted to the same school or another after re-applying!

Thank you so much! :)
so you didn't study or what , due to the death of a family member ?

you didn't fail because of a death in the family. You failed because you are weak and stupid. My whole family is dead you don't seem me here making excuses, blaming other people. Go into nursing or communications. Pharmacy is not right for someone as soft and feeble as you.
Why do you need to be an a**hole all the time? People have different coping mechanisms so just let them be. If you don't have anything nice to say, then hush up.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol a lot of trolls posting here. You aren't weak or stupid, i'd fail too if someone I loved died (i'd probably take a leave of absence before failing but when you are in that state of mind I understand not making the best decisions). Yes its going to lower your options like you probably won't get into a top pharmacy school, but there are over 140+ schools one will probably take a chance on you. If they told you themselves they will look at your application then that is your answer. I am pretty sure your own school should take you if they knew about the circumstances.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol a lot of trolls posting here. You aren't weak or stupid, i'd fail too if someone I loved died (i'd probably take a leave of absence before failing but when you are in that state of mind I understand not making the best decisions). Yes its going to lower your options like you probably won't get into a top pharmacy school, but there are over 140+ schools one will probably take a chance on you. If they told you themselves they will look at your application then that is your answer. I am pretty sure your own school should take you if they knew about the circumstances.

OP said that their school was aware of their circumstances.