You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
P1/P2/P3: How Often Do You Have Exams?
Started by beachsaki101
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It doesn't change much from year to year
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's so variable for me.
Hi there:
I'm a P-1 at USN (block System) and we have an exam every 2 weeks. Along with these major exams, we also have exams in between for other classes, such as PCalculations, and PCommunication.
I'm a P-1 at USN (block System) and we have an exam every 2 weeks. Along with these major exams, we also have exams in between for other classes, such as PCalculations, and PCommunication.
While I don't start till the fall, at UK exams are given on a block system. So for PY1's who have six courses, exams are given every 4 or 5 weeks. During the blocks there are two exams Friday, two Saturday, and two Monday. From all I hear it's pretty intense.
our test schedule varies per class.
the 1 credit classes usually have a midterm and a final.
Some of the other classes like anatomy, you have an exam every two weeks.
I just went thru a horrible two weeks where we had 4 exams one week, followed by 3 exams the next week.
I really don't know HOW I survived that one.
the 1 credit classes usually have a midterm and a final.
Some of the other classes like anatomy, you have an exam every two weeks.
I just went thru a horrible two weeks where we had 4 exams one week, followed by 3 exams the next week.
I really don't know HOW I survived that one.
KYMonty said:While I don't start till the fall, at UK exams are given on a block system. So for PY1's who have six courses, exams are given every 4 or 5 weeks. During the blocks there are two exams Friday, two Saturday, and two Monday. From all I hear it's pretty intense.
UK has exams on Saturdays?
I'm a third year student...and I have no exams.
I'm out on rotations.
I'm out on rotations.
i go to the university of colorado (P1 student).
mondays are designed for testing, as we have no classes, just tests. usually we have one test a week. in rare instances (maybe 2x a semester) we have 2 tests on the same day. some days we don't have a test so we get a 3 day weekend...it's pretty nice, and it's like that for every year.
mondays are designed for testing, as we have no classes, just tests. usually we have one test a week. in rare instances (maybe 2x a semester) we have 2 tests on the same day. some days we don't have a test so we get a 3 day weekend...it's pretty nice, and it's like that for every year.
golf299 said:i go to the university of colorado (P1 student).
mondays are designed for testing, as we have no classes, just tests. usually we have one test a week. in rare instances (maybe 2x a semester) we have 2 tests on the same day. some days we don't have a test so we get a 3 day weekend...it's pretty nice, and it's like that for every year.
wow...that is nice....because nothing is more annoying than attending classes...when you have an exam lurking on your mind 🙄
I go to the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) and I am a P1. We have a college-wide rule that there can be a maximum of 1 exam per day. The schedule is quite varied, some weeks we have no exams, some weeks we have 2. If you want to see our exam schedule for this semester, you can check out our class' website (just click on calendar)- http://www.musc.edu/~fieldsk
edit: at the beginning of the semester we get the schedule and as a class we are allowed to vote on it and get changes to dates if we see problems (for example we had a test moved from the monday after Easter to the wednesday)
edit: at the beginning of the semester we get the schedule and as a class we are allowed to vote on it and get changes to dates if we see problems (for example we had a test moved from the monday after Easter to the wednesday)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K