PA starting medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jett24

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a longterm PA starting medical school in August. I'm very excited about the transition but am looking for some mentoring/advice from other PA->MDs with regard to how you handled things like your state license, DEA registration and NCCPA certification when you started medical school. I've gotten started on some of it but want to make sure I haven't overlooked anything.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Heya - I'm also a PA and trna decide if I should keep up my license...

Probably makes sense to maintain your license until you know you're going to be successful at your MD school yes? You probably will be, but there's no reason to burn that bridge. Let it go once you match. If nothing else, being able to fall back on something is a level of reassurance most medical students don't have.

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations! Love to see it

I am letting all my stuff lapse. After my first year I know I wouldn't have been able to manage a job, fulfill school requirements, and be there with my family.

I'd rather be a competitive in the match than add a drop in the bucket over the course of 4 years.

Reactions: 2 users