Pacific University (OR) application/ED

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heartxoxo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

Is anyone planning to apply for pacific university this year? Have you start working on the gathering the pieces before the cycle open yet?

I'm applying to their early decision program but feeling very nervous :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not applying there but another school early decision and I feel like a crazy person preparing everything before the app is even open! I'm even anxiously counting down the days and waking up early to get my transcripts sent ASAP.

So far I have all my LORs contacted and ready to submit by 7/30, my personal essay complete, an excel sheet with all of my classes/grades to enter, and a bullet-point resume to copy/paste descriptions for my work, volunteering, professional experience, and honors. Oh and I took the PCAT in January so that's done too!

#typeAlife

Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Oh wow, you're so prepared that's amazing!
Where are you applying for ED if you don't mind me asking? Is it an accelerated program?

I have my LORs contacted already and submitting by August. I'm just like you counting down the day but having your classes entered in excel is a smart idea, I will do that today ☺️. I hope to finish entering everything by the end of July.
I feel like I'm putting all my eggs in one basket because I really want to go to pacific OR so it's making me super nervous haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!

I applied to Pacific University Pharmacy ED program last year and got in. Trust me, it's such a good feeling to get it out of the way early and before the holidays. Just a heads up, get your transcripts in early because it sometimes takes PharmCas a while to process them. I would also spend a good few days to a week working on that personal letter. It's a big factor in getting your foot in the door along with your GPA and experiences.

If I remember correctly, the deadline was around September 6th so you still have plenty of time. Don't be nervous! It's a surprisingly mellow interview experience.

Hi Pheelz,
Omg I'm so glad to hear that the ED process is worth it. This seriously gives me a piece of mind.
I'm hoping you're enjoying Pacific U.

Thanks for the advices, I'm looking into requesting all the transcripts and everything inputted in the first few days when the apps open. Fingers crossed that everything will go smoothly :)

I've been refreshing PharmCAS every hour since midnight so I can get my transcripts in on time.... I need therapy.

The site doesn't work for you either?? I refreshed it just now for 3729373 times but I gave up. Maybe they will be available in the morning :( so sad

Any feed back fro Pacific University yet those who applied ED? I submitted mine too 2 weeks ago but it says still verifying. And roughly how many people get accepted ED? Anyone knows? I am super nervous because I want to go to this school so badly.

Hello!

I applied to Pacific University Pharmacy ED program last year and got in. Trust me, it's such a good feeling to get it out of the way early and before the holidays. Just a heads up, get your transcripts in early because it sometimes takes PharmCas a while to process them. I would also spend a good few days to a week working on that personal letter. It's a big factor in getting your foot in the door along with your GPA and experiences.

If I remember correctly, the deadline was around September 6th so you still have plenty of time. Don't be nervous! It's a surprisingly mellow interview experience.
How tough was it man/woman? I feel nervous about my application. I really want to get into this programme badly.

Any feed back fro Pacific University yet those who applied ED? I submitted mine too 2 weeks ago but it says still verifying. And roughly how many people get accepted ED? Anyone knows? I am super nervous because I want to go to this school so badly.

I sent in my apps on July 24th. My transcripts were verified on August 3rd. I'm in the process of working on my secondaries for Pacific U and waiting for my last letter of rec to be turned in.

Have you been working on your secondaries app yet? I believe they won't look at your application packet until these are all received
1. The main app (verified)
2. Secondary app
3. At least 2 letters of rec

How tough was it man/woman? I feel nervous about my application. I really want to get into this programme badly.
Usually if you have enough GPA, they will give you an interview opportunity. Otherwise, just show your skill, talent, story that you're a good fit to pharmacy as well as the school(you probably did in your PS and supplemental essay). I don't have pharmacy experience at all but still get an interview. From this year's experience, they will give your 15min to summarize a short article, eg, the article is about a debate on one policy and you need to summarize the article. So take a deep breathe, don't scare yourself. Otherwise you will not do well as I experienced. For the interview, don't trust any students' words, which is "be yourself". If you want to get in so badly, the exact thing you don't want is "be yourself". Prepare your answer to the commonly asked questions in SDN. Practice before a mirror or have a mock interview. Show you are interested in pharmacy because bla bla bla reasons, you are interested in some specific field and why. you know the future or challenge of pharmacy. Then you will be fine. In fact, I think if you can have some interviews before your dream school's one, that would be the best because you can practice and learn from failure. My interview performance are getting better after each interview. But don't be stupid like me, I learn how to do an interview and prepare my next interview from the previous failed one. so I lost many opportunities.

I sent in my apps on July 24th. My transcripts were verified on August 3rd. I'm in the process of working on my secondaries for Pacific U and waiting for my last letter of rec to be turned in.

Have you been working on your secondaries app yet? I believe they won't look at your application packet until these are all received
1. The main app (verified)
2. Secondary app
3. At least 2 letters of rec
I submitted both apps already and 3 references, 2 from pharmacists and 1 from O chem proffesor. So am still waiting to see my status change from verfying.

Usually if you have enough GPA, they will give you an interview opportunity. Otherwise, just show your skill, talent, story that you're a good fit to pharmacy as well as the school(you probably did in your PS and supplemental essay). I don't have pharmacy experience at all but still get an interview. From this year's experience, they will give your 15min to summarize a short article, eg, the article is about a debate on one policy and you need to summarize the article. So take a deep breathe, don't scare yourself. Otherwise you will not do well as I experienced. For the interview, don't trust any students' words, which is "be yourself". If you want to get in so badly, the exact thing you don't want is "be yourself". Prepare your answer to the commonly asked questions in SDN. Practice before a mirror or have a mock interview. Show you are interested in pharmacy because bla bla bla reasons, you are interested in some specific field and why. you know the future or challenge of pharmacy. Then you will be fine. In fact, I think if you can have some interviews before your dream school's one, that would be the best because you can practice and learn from failure. My interview performance are getting better after each interview. But don't be stupid like me, I learn how to do an interview and prepare my next interview from the previous failed one. so I lost many opportunities.
WOW, thanks for sharing that. I dont have good interview skills. And I have no idea where to get mock interviewed. But i will try the mirror thing and talk to my inner self and try to builf some confidence, especially with english being my 3rd language.

Members don't see this ad :)
WOW, thanks for sharing that. I dont have good interview skills. And I have no idea where to get mock interviewed. But i will try the mirror thing and talk to my inner self and try to builf some confidence, especially with english being my 3rd language.
have a mock interview with your classmates. Never say something stupid like "it's my childhood dream" or "I like the working environment". I did and failed. So, like most of MD do-- they said they wanted to help people but in reality, they study medicine for a secured, 6 figures job.

The interview? It was super straight forward and casual. They ask the question you'd expect them to ask (why pharmacy...why this school...strengths etc.). Don't be nervous! The staff and students go above and beyond to make you feel welcome. Try verbalizing your responses to those questions beforehand to yourself and you'll be golden.

I tend to think that if you go the ED route you're much more likely to get accepted, but at the same time not everyone in my group got in and quite a few of my classmates were interviewed in January and March etc.

I got an email for an interview today! I applied on September 5th, they verified they had recieved my application on the 13th and they let me know by email today (22nd) that I had an interview for October 7th. Wish me luck!

Congrats on your interview invitation. See you on 10/7! :)

Hello!

Now I understand why you said it's such a good feeling to get this out of the way early and before the holidays :)!!

HAHAHA Bhuruwayo Kontuthu ziyathunqa!! Tiriko kwese kwese! Ko imimi mukuita sei?

Hahaha ngiyakhuluma lami. Originally from Marondera, but raised in Blues, enkulumane 12 then moved to Hillside. Currently doing my APPE rotations in AZ

Hahaha ngiyakhuluma lami. Originally from Marondera, but raised in Blues, enkulumane 12 then moved to Hillside. Currently doing my APPE rotations in AZ
Mina ekasi kuse Nketa 6! So Ungaqeda uyabuyela ekhaya yini? Kumbe kumusha ndikokuchauya kuno?

Mina ekasi kuse Nketa 6! So Ungaqeda uyabuyela ekhaya yini? Kumbe kumusha ndikokuchauya kuno?

I'm just going to stay here. Ekhaya akulalutho uyazi. Plus masalary emaRx are not so good.