You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pacific University Oregon - Entering Fall 2015
Started by mbpuffer
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats! pu is my number one choice! when did your apps compete?I was at the interview session on 11/15. I really like Oregon (first time visiting the state) and I really took a liking to the school itself. Waiting to hear back from them!
EDIT: Got the call today! I'm in! 🙂
Hey! To answer your question, I fully completed my application on Oct. 27th and received an interview invite about one week after. The Nov. 15th interview had about 60 people. Overall, pacific university is amazing. The ambassador and all the interviewers and staffs were all easy going and pleasant to work with. It was a stress free environment! PacificUniversity is not my top choice because I am out of state, however, after coming there it is now at the top of my list. The only two other schools I'm considering is Nova and UMB. If there is any other questions feel free to ask!congrats! pu is my number one choice! when did your apps compete?
Please forgive my English and or typos... Replying in the iPhone =)
Nice! You must be a strong candidate. I don't know when will I get invited 🙁 Can you share your status? Do you know what is the next interview date. I got 2 days from the PharmCas and PU website, either Jan 10 and 30. Hope Jan 10 does exist. OMG I am so stressed out, and tired of this waiting game.Hey! To answer your question, I fully completed my application on Oct. 27th and received an interview invite about one week after. The Nov. 15th interview had about 60 people. Overall, pacific university is amazing. The ambassador and all the interviewers and staffs were all easy going and pleasant to work with. It was a stress free environment! PacificUniversity is not my top choice because I am out of state, however, after coming there it is now at the top of my list. The only two other schools I'm considering is Nova and UMB. If there is any other questions feel free to ask!
Please forgive my English and or typos... Replying in the iPhone =)
I honestly don't know about the interview dates. All I know is they have about 4 or 5 total interview dates. I believe it is once a month? To get a more accurate answer, you can probably call the school or email them and ask. It is still quite early in the process so don't be so nervous!
Besides that here are my stats:
Pharmcas
Cgpa: 2.9
Science/math: 2.9
Last 45 credits: 3.9
I am one of those students who did horribly at the start of my school career with many F's and W's. I picked up my grades tremendously later in my education and made sure to explicitly explain it in my pharmcas application. Many schools offered me interviews and I believe it is because I did a good job on my personal statement and that I fully understood why I want a pharmacy education.
Interview offers: Pacific university oregon, Touro CA, UMES, Nova, lecom, and Midwestern. (Still waiting on others)
Even I am in awe about all the interview offers. I am in no way a strong candidate, however, I am a confident candidate. The best advice I can give is TRULY know yourself, weaknesses/strengths, and know exaclty why you are here applying for pharmacy in the first place. Hopefully that helps!
Besides that here are my stats:
Pharmcas
Cgpa: 2.9
Science/math: 2.9
Last 45 credits: 3.9
I am one of those students who did horribly at the start of my school career with many F's and W's. I picked up my grades tremendously later in my education and made sure to explicitly explain it in my pharmcas application. Many schools offered me interviews and I believe it is because I did a good job on my personal statement and that I fully understood why I want a pharmacy education.
Interview offers: Pacific university oregon, Touro CA, UMES, Nova, lecom, and Midwestern. (Still waiting on others)
Even I am in awe about all the interview offers. I am in no way a strong candidate, however, I am a confident candidate. The best advice I can give is TRULY know yourself, weaknesses/strengths, and know exaclty why you are here applying for pharmacy in the first place. Hopefully that helps!
Check out the SDN questions for the school. Everything I was asked was 100% from there, unless it was a follow up question. The interview experience was very great at Pacific and the orientation in general made me really like the school. However, it is still out of state for me and having gone to my USC interview (which went even better than at Pacific because I lost the anxiety I had at the Pacific interview) I am awaiting a word back before I decide. If USC takes me I won't hesitate to take that but Pacific is a top choice for me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Check out the SDN questions for the school. Everything I was asked was 100% from there, unless it was a follow up question. The interview experience was very great at Pacific and the orientation in general made me really like the school. However, it is still out of state for me and having gone to my USC interview (which went even better than at Pacific because I lost the anxiety I had at the Pacific interview) I am awaiting a word back before I decide. If USC takes me I won't hesitate to take that but Pacific is a top choice for me.
where do i check out the SDN questions? can you show me? thank you.
Is there a notification given when your application has been reviewed or solely when they have received all of your materials/extend an invitation for interview? Just curious where I am in the process....
If I remember correctly..... You get a confirmation that your app is under review once it is completely submitted. Afterwards, they will extend you an interview invitation if chosen. Don't sweat it, and good luck
According to PharmCAS,
- Interview Dates:
- November 15, 2014
- December 5, 2014
- January 31, 2015
- February 21, 2015
- March 7, 2015
Thank you!! I didn't even look at that! 🙂According to PharmCAS,
- Interview Dates:
- November 15, 2014
- December 5, 2014
- January 31, 2015
- February 21, 2015
- March 7, 2015
I was invited but I have not confirmed it yetAnyone been invited for the 1/31 interview yet?!
🙂
Me! But I did not confirm yet. I have 4 interviews in January, and one being a DAY before that one!Anyone been invited for the 1/31 interview yet?!
🙂
Has anyone heard from this school. It's literally been 6 weeks. certified 11/15
I've been invited to the 1/31 date!! I can't wait!Anyone been invited for the 1/31 interview yet?!
🙂
I'm officially enrolled! I interviewed on 11/15 and was accepted 2 days later! Who else is going?! 🙂
What was the interview like? What is it about the school that you like?I'm officially enrolled! I interviewed on 11/15 and was accepted 2 days later! Who else is going?! 🙂
What was the interview like? What is it about the school that you like?
The interview day was very relaxed and laid back. Everyone was very friendly and outgoing. The actual interview was with 2 people and they kept the interview pleasant and it felt very low stress. They let you share what you'd like and push too hard with their questions. There is plenty of opportunity to get involved with clubs and/or research too! Their classes are block schedule so every 2 weeks you have a test and a team test and as long as you score 90% or higher you have the entire weekend off without having to study (or if you don't get 90% you get a second chance the following Monday). Also, there's a MAX station right across the street which is free transportation for students! Finally, the student panel which let us ask any questions we wanted spoke very highly of the professors and classes. Hardly any negative comments were made, if any really. So for these reasons I withdrew from the other schools I was accepted to and chose Pacific U 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for the interview information! I have an interview on 1/31 and am really excited! 🙂
Good luck!!!!
Thanks!! I'm really looking forward to it and your message was really encouraging.Good luck!!!!
Just had a few questions if you don't mind.
1. The individual 25 minute interview was just you and not a group interview?
2. On your interview day, how many people in total were there for interviews?
Thanks!! I'm really looking forward to it and your message was really encouraging.
Just had a few questions if you don't mind.
1. The individual 25 minute interview was just you and not a group interview?
2. On your interview day, how many people in total were there for interviews?
Yeah individual, not group. My interview went to 40 min but it's because we just kept talking about other things too
There was probably about 50-65 people if I had to estimate.
I will be there!! Joined here hoping to get a better idea of what type of questions might be asked during the interview 🙂Anyone been invited for the 1/31 interview yet?!
🙂
I'm not sure if these are the SDN questions previously referred to, but its what I was able to find - for anyone that may be interested....where do i check out the SDN questions? can you show me? thank you.
http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/pu/survey/26#survey-result
What was the essay like? What question did you get?The interview day was very relaxed and laid back. Everyone was very friendly and outgoing. The actual interview was with 2 people and they kept the interview pleasant and it felt very low stress. They let you share what you'd like and push too hard with their questions. There is plenty of opportunity to get involved with clubs and/or research too! Their classes are block schedule so every 2 weeks you have a test and a team test and as long as you score 90% or higher you have the entire weekend off without having to study (or if you don't get 90% you get a second chance the following Monday). Also, there's a MAX station right across the street which is free transportation for students! Finally, the student panel which let us ask any questions we wanted spoke very highly of the professors and classes. Hardly any negative comments were made, if any really. So for these reasons I withdrew from the other schools I was accepted to and chose Pacific U 🙂
Where are you coming from? I'm coming from AZ!I will be there!! Joined here hoping to get a better idea of what type of questions might be asked during the interview 🙂
What was the essay like? What question did you get?
It was 15 min to respond to question regarding ethics and showing you can support your opinions reasonably. I interviewed awhile ago so I don't remember the question. Don't worry about it though they really only use the essays to show that you can write coherently and clearly. It's not something to stress over.
About how long did it take for people to receive interviews (or rejections) after all your materials were submitted? I've been waiting for several weeks 🙁
I heard in 2 days. When did you interview? They could be behind if they're in testing or something. I know if you're wait listed they email you and if you're rejected they send you a letter in the mail. If you're accepted they call you. At least that's what I've heard...
I haven't interviewed yet, I'm waiting to hear if I will be interviewed or not. At least I know if I do get interviewed I won't have to wait long after to find outI heard in 2 days. When did you interview? They could be behind if they're in testing or something. I know if you're wait listed they email you and if you're rejected they send you a letter in the mail. If you're accepted they call you. At least that's what I've heard...
I haven't interviewed yet, I'm waiting to hear if I will be interviewed or not. At least I know if I do get interviewed I won't have to wait long after to find out
Good luck to you then!!
I live in Oregon, the school is about an hour away from me. Good luck to you!!!!Where are you coming from? I'm coming from AZ!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Its been 10 weeks for me and no word. Except the confirmation that all my material were received and correct.
Good luck to you!I submitted my PharmCAS application on 1/5/15 and applied to PU. Really looking forward on getting an interview. I'll keep everyone updated.
Hey everyone! Current P1 at Pacific University here! I am from Florida, so I came a long way from home, and am happy to answer any questions you may have. Interview questions, just refer to the above comments and SDN questions... those are very accurate of interview experience. Good luck to all and I hope to meet some of you in the fall!
Will you be at the interview on Saturday?Hey everyone! Current P1 at Pacific University here! I am from Florida, so I came a long way from home, and am happy to answer any questions you may have. Interview questions, just refer to the above comments and SDN questions... those are very accurate of interview experience. Good luck to all and I hope to meet some of you in the fall!
Similar threads
- Poll
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K