This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmer1721

Reaction score
I didn't see a previous thread about this yet, but wanted to know if anyone applied and has already received interview invites for UCSF School of Pharmacy Class of 2024?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here, just received an interview invite around 7 pm PST.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got my invite for the interview days on Jan 22 and 23! :)

Got II yesterday for 1/15 (orientation) and 1/21 (interview/essay)...!

For those who have interviewed so far, is there a mix of both MMI and run-of-the-mill questions? Are the scenario questions just ethical dilemma questions?

Has anyone received any decisions? yet? I know they said by the third week of February - March 1st, but just curious.

Members don't see this ad :)
nope, still waiting. From the past 2 year's SDN threads, it seems like they have been releasing admission decisions right around Feb 24th or so. We likely have 2 more weeks before we hear back.

has anyone received an acceptance/rejection/waitlist decision?

Last edited:
Does anyone by any chance is thinking to choose between UNC Chapel hill and UCSF here?

Is provisional acceptance different from waitlist?
I think provisional acceptance is what they are calling acceptance at this point. If you click on the link within your provisional admission email, it will describe the difference between provisional admission VS final admission. At this point, all admissions are provisional and become final in early summer after the admission's office verifies grades, your background check is cleared, etc.

Anyone here thinking of not going to UCSF because of the high cost of living?

I was concerned about that too but my other option is USC. Generally, I also feel like there are only certain pockets of CA that have a low cost of living. I’m pretty sure I’ll be going to UCSF.

I initially considered that but I felt that the cost benefits of attending a 3-year program vs a 4-year one would still be more affordable in the long-run! Also, you can try to have your APPEs in SoCal/Central Cal so you may only have to live in the bay for 2 years.

does anyone know if classes for incoming students will be online this summer?

I am also waitlisted. What number are you guys waitlisted? Bottom 20's for myself.

Would any of y’all be willing to share your stats? (GPA, experience, etc.)
3.60 science gpa; 3.59 cumulative gpa. 3 years of post-undergraduate pharmaceutical research. Minimal experience (~60 hours) volunteering in a retail pharmacy

3.75 science gpa, 3.80 cumulative gpa, and clinical and retail pharmacy volunteer experiences.

Last edited:
Have you guys been able to submit your statement of legal residence? or been able to log into your student portal?

Do you guys know how people applied to UCSF to fill 127 spots? USC accepts 195 student from a group of more than 700 applicants per year.

I was concerned about that too but my other option is USC. Generally, I also feel like there are only certain pockets of CA that have a low cost of living. I’m pretty sure I’ll be going to UCSF.
I've been also concerned about the cost of living in SF. Currently deciding between SF, SD, and USC right now and comparing all the costs.

Has anyone been able to submit the background check form? I created an account and logged in using instructions in the email. When I entered my information (PharmCAS ID, last name, city of birth, zipcode), it said "Your access information is currently not on file with ApplicationStation".

Has anyone been able to submit the background check form? I created an account and logged in using instructions in the email. When I entered my information (PharmCAS ID, last name, city of birth, zipcode), it said "Your access information is currently not on file with ApplicationStation".
This happened to me when I submitted it. Essentially you need to put the entire zip code for your address not just the first 5 digits but the extended part too. For example, 90000-000. That fixed it for me. You can usually find the extended address numbers on your pharmcas app or online.

This happened to me when I submitted it. Essentially you need to put the entire zip code for your address not just the first 5 digits but the extended part too. For example, 90000-000. That fixed it for me. You can usually find the extended address numbers on your pharmcas app or online.
Yeah I followed what you said and that was fixed. Thanks so much!

Do you guys know how people applied to UCSF to fill 127 spots? USC accepts 195 student from a group of more than 700 applicants per year.
Their website says that there are about 500 applicants each year.

I've been also concerned about the cost of living in SF. Currently deciding between SF, SD, and USC right now and comparing all the costs.
I am hesitant in going to SF. Most of the 1-bedroom I am looking at is over $3500. They are offering 8-10 weeks of free rent but I am told that because there is not rent control or stabilization, the rent could go up by 30-40% back to pre-Covid19 rates after the 1-year lease is up. I have a dilemma here too.