Pacific University Oregon

Started by RuralJuror
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I received confirmation today as well. I submitted on Sept. 29. Everything was verified and received according to the emails as of today!! Keeping my fingers crossed for an interview!!
 
One of the conditions for acceptance into Pacific University is that you obtain a license before orientation in Oregon. Is this a Tech license?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
where did you see that?

PROGRAM SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The program consists of a modified block system and the blocks are administered on a Pass/No Pass basis. Pass is based on a 90% competency.
Following an invitation for admission, each student must satisfactorily complete a background check (completed through PharmCAS), a drug test (completed through PharmCAS), and must attain licensure by the Oregon and Washington State Boards of Pharmacy prior to the start of orientation.
 
One of the conditions for acceptance into Pacific University is that you obtain a license before orientation in Oregon. Is this a Tech license?

It's the Pharmacy Intern License (from both Oregon & Washington)
 
I got the confirmation recently as well, now have to wait. Please let us know if anyone gets the invitation.
I only applied to two schools so far: pacific and Lecom.
I prefer Lecom over pacific, due to the cost and grading system. I don't like pass/no pass, because future employers would have trouble make judgement. On top of that, pacific has lower licensing exam pass rate, maybe because their program is still relatively new.
 
Pacific requires Intern License from both Oregon and Washington because they have IPPE sites in both states.
 
HI all,
Have anyone gone for the interview? Mine is on Novermber 10th and I am very nervous about it. If you have gone, could any of you share what is the interview like and how should we prepare for it? I really appreciate it.
 
Last year, there were two interview dates in November and applicants were sent an invitation by email around early October. Of course things can change every year. Did you mean you submitted your secondary in mid August?

According to the school's website, there is only one interview in November this year. The next one is January 12. I guess those of us who submitted our apps in October will have to wait until probably early December for the next interview invitation.
 
According to the school's website, there is only one interview in November this year. The next one is January 12. I guess those of us who submitted our apps in October will have to wait until probably early December for the next interview invitation.

I think you are right, as no one here got invited lately.
 
I was really hoping to have found out if I was getting an interview by now! I wish there was another interview date for November or December!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone! I have decided to withdraw my spot for my interview this coming November 10th. I wish everyone the best of luck on your interviews this coming November 10th and future ones! 🙂
 
I got accepted to University of the Pacific so I will mostly go there

QUOTE=MrCoolDPh;13257765]Why did you withdraw your application?[/QUOTE]
 
I was really hoping to have found out if I was getting an interview by now! I wish there was another interview date for November or December!

Me too! I don't know why the school decided to only have one interview in November this year. 🙁
 
Last year, the school had a surge of apps after the deadline in December and they had only 1 interview left for those apps. I guess that's the reason why the school want to do 4 interviews after the deadline this year.
 
Last year, the school had a surge of apps after the deadline in December and they had only 1 interview left for those apps. I guess that's the reason why the school want to do 4 interviews after the deadline this year.

Can people apply after the deadline?😕
 
Obviously no one can apply after the deadline !!! Well, let me reword it "the school had a surge of apps right before the deadline". Hope it's clear now :laugh:

Thank you for clarification!
For those get invitation, please make an announcement, so we know what to expect.
 
Thank you for clarification!
For those get invitation, please make an announcement, so we know what to expect.

What kind of announcement? When you are invited for interview, they'll send you emails with detailed schedule and instructions.
 
Actually, pharmcas extended the November 1st deadline to November 15th (I believe) due to all of the damages and power outages on the East coast from hurricane Sandy. So luckily, you can apply after the Nov 1st deadline this year. I believe the new deadline is Nov 15th. Check with pharmcas to make sure!
 
The deadline for the Supplement Part is December 1st. So it does not matter whether PharmCAS is changing the deadline or not, your deadline for a complete apps is still December 1st.
 
Yes, that is true that the supplemental deadline is Dec. However, since pharmcas changed the Nov deadline from Nov 1st to the 15th, people still have a chance to apply. That is, the people who have not submitted pharmcas still have the opportunity to do so. Well, at least until the 15th.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got a letter saying that my application has been placed on hold for the next round of application reviews. Which is typically a soft rejection. har har! 😀

I submitted my application on October 25th.
 
I just got a letter saying that my application has been placed on hold for the next round of application reviews. Which is typically a soft rejection. har har! 😀

I submitted my application on October 25th.

Nah. There's still hope for you.
 
I just got a letter saying that my application has been placed on hold for the next round of application reviews. Which is typically a soft rejection. har har! 😀

I submitted my application on October 25th.

me too! "committee hold" oh well even if i get the interview i'm going to decline it.
 
me too! "committee hold" oh well even if i get the interview i'm going to decline it.

Yea - it certainly takes the bite out of rejection when you have already been accepted to a program which suits your needs perfectly. I was mostly interested in the 3 year curriculum and the proximity to my home state.
 
Yea - it certainly takes the bite out of rejection when you have already been accepted to a program which suits your needs perfectly. I was mostly interested in the 3 year curriculum and the proximity to my home state.

its not a rejection though, so there is still hope!
 
Is anyone from oregon? How is the local job market for pharmacist?
I know it is bad in east coast. 🙁
 
Is anyone from oregon? How is the local job market for pharmacist?
I know it is bad in east coast. 🙁

I went to the interview and the student panel said about 20/100 of the graduating class did not get a job after graduating but that if you want to do retail, it's relatively easy to find in oregon...
 
I went to the interview and the student panel said about 20/100 of the graduating class did not get a job after graduating but that if you want to do retail, it's relatively easy to find in oregon...

Thank you! congratulation on your interview! How's the whole experience?

I wonder if it is worth spending extra money to attend school in west coast based on slightly better job outlooks than places like PA. Anyone else has some thoughts on this? I would go to texas, but I did not take PCAT.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree with you about the outlook on the field. My only concern about Pacific is that the passing rate is 90%. Also, the fact that they don't give grades what will individuals have to do to land a residency? I know there is a letter you can attach to your application, but still....
 
I agree with you about the outlook on the field. My only concern about Pacific is that the passing rate is 90%. Also, the fact that they don't give grades what will individuals have to do to land a residency? I know there is a letter you can attach to your application, but still....

Do you mean a 90% pass rate for the NAPLEX? If so they were telling me during one of their open houses it was 95%. But I don't see any information regarding it on their website. Where did you get 90% from?

UCSD also does pass/no pass grading and they are highly regarded in the pharmacy community.
 
Do you mean a 90% pass rate for the NAPLEX? If so they were telling me during one of their open houses it was 95%. But I don't see any information regarding it on their website. Where did you get 90% from?

UCSD also does pass/no pass grading and they are highly regarded in the pharmacy community.

The pass rate was about 93% last year. I don't know about this year.

source: http://www.nabp.net/programs/assets/NAPLEX passing rates.pdf
 
The pass rate was about 93% last year. I don't know about this year.

source: http://www.nabp.net/programs/assets/NAPLEX passing rates.pdf

Thanks!


93% is still not bad. It is something you would have to assess yourself on, do you feel like you would be part of the 93% who passed it on the first time?

I understand wanting to be competitive for a residency though. I hear it is harder and harder to get one. Does anyone have any info on how many graduates from Pacific went on to do residencies? Or rather how many applied and how many were accepted?
 
Im not referring to the naplex. I am referring to the pass/fail standard that they use as their grading system. I do believe that you must have at least a 90 % overall in each class in order to go on to the next class. I am pretty sure that it said 90% on the supplemental application. Whether it is pass/no pass I am still interested in the program, especially since it is accelerated.