PhD/PsyD panic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bebe1986

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a year away from applying for internship, however i was trying to do some research about the process when i stumbled on this question which made me panic.

"Has disciplinary action, in writing, of any sort ever been taken against you by a supervisor, educational or training institution, health care institution, professional association, or licensing / certification board?"

I did not show up to proctor an exam(i completely forgot). It went into my permanent records as me being late. Does that count as a disciplinary action?

thanks in advance for any feedback

Members don't see this ad.

With this sort of situation, I'd err on the side of caution and go ahead and report that in answer to the question. At least in my mind, it's a very minor disciplinary action, and I'd be surprised if it had any bearing on the review of your application, particularly if you do a good job of explaining the situation. And that way, a small deal doesn't end up becoming a big deal by somehow coming to light later (e.g., if your DCT mentions it) in a, "why didn't you tell us about this?" sort of way with the site, which definitely could influence your chances.

I am a year away from applying for internship, however i was trying to do some research about the process when i stumbled on this question which made me panic.

"Has disciplinary action, in writing, of any sort ever been taken against you by a supervisor, educational or training institution, health care institution, professional association, or licensing / certification board?"

I did not show up to proctor an exam(i completely forgot). It went into my permanent records as me being late. Does that count as a disciplinary action?

thanks in advance for any feedback
I think you should actually speak with your DCT about this. He/She will have insight as to what constitutes disciplinary action by APPIC's standards. Also, DCTs have the ability to contact people at APPIC charged with providing clarifying information about the process (my DCT has done this several times). You want to make sure you have the most accurate information about your responsibility to report something (especially because it was a minor infraction).