paper based part 1 in july!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
reet said:
hi all
looks like u all r giving paper based exam in july .can anybody provide me information regarding examination centers in california, couldnt find it on ada website
thanks reet

Exam centers are listed in ADA's Candidates Guide for the NBDE Part 1. If you don't have a Candidates Guide call up ADA and ask for one. Their no. is 1800 232 1694 (central Time)

Good luck

rahmed

Members don't see this ad.

thanks for help rahmed
reet

hi toothie,
i am planning to give ndbe part 1...havent started my prep.
whats the minimum time u need to put in for prep? whens the best time to apply? which is good cbt or paper based.
plz reply.

toothie said:
no.. u still have time to get ure study material , studya nd give the exam....

Members don't see this ad :)
Rhia said:
hi!
Everyone has been so silent for a long time. howz preparations coming up? 3 more months to go. i am doing anatomy now.....
keep in touch guys!
:thumbup:
rhia
hi .............i am about to complete my theory ...........from kaplan ...........now have to start with my decks..........i think i was really slow on my theory.............i am writing the paper based on july 11 what about you..........all.....

Anyone know anything about pattern change?..ndb part.1..?Nothing has been mentioned in the application booklet and also on the webiste of ADA !!
Any news anyone? :scared:
Vrnda

sjchand said:
hi .............i am about to complete my theory ...........from kaplan ...........now have to start with my decks..........i think i was really slow on my theory.............i am writing the paper based on july 11 what about you..........all.....
Hi Sj chand,
Even i am about to complete my theory from kaplan now. I am doing the last bit of anatomy from it.maybe i would take another 4 days to complete. Then even i am planning to do decks & papers. Hope this should suffice. Getting sort of nervous.!!! very tough to remember stuff :(
Anyway, even i am taking it in july only, i think i would apply around 15th of may & i will be asking for UIC as the center. If you are also opting for the same maybe we could get to meet too... :)
Good luck with prep :thumbup:
rhia

Vrnda said:
Anyone know anything about pattern change?..ndb part.1..?Nothing has been mentioned in the application booklet and also on the webiste of ADA !!
Any news anyone? :scared:
Vrnda
Hi,
I had actually called ADA to find out about the format change. They said to the best of their knowledge there is no change. So i think we should stop worrying about it & just concentrate on studying. I know its pretty nerve wracking when someone tells you there is going to be a paper change & you are going to walk into an exam not knowing what's in store for you......but i think we should just let it pass by & concentrate on our studying. AS far as i know , & what ada told me, there is no paper format change.
so forget about it & study well...... :thumbup:
hope this helps.
Good luck :thumbup:
Rhia

Thanks for the update Rhia!! :thumbup:
Hopefully we are all not suprised/shocked seeing the paper!! :D
Study well..!
Vrnda

called up ADA they said the same no format change . so lets hope no surprises and i am sure they wont change paper overnight . the old format will still be in. giving CBT around may 30 part1.just started to read 10 days back hopefully will clear the exam . just finished with DA and now on physio

Hi guys!

I have finished Dental Anatomy and Micro.Want to do Patho in next two weeks. In May i will attack Phy-Bio and in June Anatomy.
I want to do the test in july and although i have hard time finding available time for studying i am not giving up.

I am postgraduate student in prosthodontics so i have to deal with both actual issues at university and preparing for NBDE.

Just keep going!!!

hey ppl
am doing my internship in india
[planning to take the board in july
is kaplan worth it?

Hi,

When are u planning on taking part1?
Kaplan review notes are good.takes a while to get used to it!
You also get kaplan online q bank..check that out also ..
Best of Luck with part1 :thumbup:
Vrnda

hey everyone!
looks like everyone's got their teeth sunk into decks and kaplan!
hey Rhia, your studying at a pretty good pace!
I'm just thru with anat and into da. kaplan was a bit difficult to get used to initially.
is anyone reading any text books out there or only kaplan,decks and papers?
hey btw, I'm planning to take UIC as my center too...planning to apply in May sometime. so Rhia maybe we'll meet each other there!
keep it going guys! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Rhia said:
Hi Degol,
Did you just start with your prep? Initially it does go slow....even i am studying from the same materials.....just done with DA, it took only about 4 days. Going to start anatomy now.
3 more months to go.....
howz everyone's prep coming up?
keep in touch guys,
We can encourage each other & prepare well :thumbup:
bye for now
Rhia
hello Rhia & all
i m sushila planning to give part1 in july. but i deposited application form & fee as cdt,but now i want to give paper based. can u guys tell me that how i can change it & get 100$ fee also back. i have not fixed date for cbt with prometric center.
thanks in advace.

sUSHILA said:
hello Rhia & all
i m sushila planning to give part1 in july. but i deposited application form & fee as cdt,but now i want to give paper based. can u guys tell me that how i can change it & get 100$ fee also back. i have not fixed date for cbt with prometric center.
thanks in advace.
Hi,
it has been mentioned in the candidate guide that if you have not registered with prometric still, then you can change to the written exam, but you have to send a written request to ADA & you would get a partial refund of $115. It says another application & fee must be submitted for the written exam.Well, if you want further info regarding this you can call ADA at 1-800-232-1694.
Hope this helps.
good luck
Rhia

asj said:
hey everyone!
looks like everyone's got their teeth sunk into decks and kaplan!
hey Rhia, your studying at a pretty good pace!
I'm just thru with anat and into da. kaplan was a bit difficult to get used to initially.
is anyone reading any text books out there or only kaplan,decks and papers?
hey btw, I'm planning to take UIC as my center too...planning to apply in May sometime. so Rhia maybe we'll meet each other there!
keep it going guys! :thumbup:

hi asj,
i have been studying very slow, & the worst part is i do not seem to recollect half the stuff that i have read :( , but people say thats how its gonna be!!!
Anyway, i am almost done with anat now finally!!!! Going to start decks & papers.....
will let you know after i apply, so i think its gonna be 3 of us in uic center, you , sjchand & myself....... :)
ok guys, see ya then....good luck...study well.... :thumbup:
Rhia

Rhia said:
hi asj,
i have been studying very slow, & the worst part is i do not seem to recollect half the stuff that i have read :( , but people say thats how its gonna be!!!
Anyway, i am almost done with anat now finally!!!! Going to start decks & papers.....
will let you know after i apply, so i think its gonna be 3 of us in uic center, you , sjchand & myself....... :)
Rhia
hello Rhia
thanks for the information.Earlier i applied for computer basedthinking that paper based might delay applying for schools, but then i realised other peolpe r talkijng about 8 hrs in front of computer & further more i do not feel comfortable in front of computer, so i decided to give it as paper based.

how r ur studies going on, i want to join u all so that we can discuss & also it give stimulus .
i have just finished micro & now i m doing patho .how u guys r studying i mean ist kaplan & then decks?

Rhia do u think we can be late for applying to some schools? which scool we can apply if toefl is 240 & part 1 with good percentile i means near 90?

thanks Rhia
good luck
sushila

inder said:
:( hi!
nice to know so many preparing for this exam ,even i am taking the exam but i have planned to take the CBT , i donot understand why so many people are afraid to take the CBT.

hi inder
when r u planning to take the cbt
im taking in end of june

QUOTE=Rhia]hi asj,
i am planning to apply sometime in may, the deadlines are around end of may right? Don't know if it is advisable to apply in may or should i apply earlier....cause i prefer chicago as the center....
nothing decided as of now....but definitely will apply in may....even i was in a dilemma whether to take CBT or paper based....a couple of my friends suggested paper based ...they took it last july, so i thought i might as well stick to it:)
Rhia
[/QUOTE]

hello everybody!!
hows everyone's preps going on?
hey rhia, hows it going? btw i have applied for the paper based exam in july. i also got a lot of mixed opinions about it and finally decided to go in for the paper based.
i think the deadline for applications is 6th june.

Rhia said:
hi asj,
Rhia
hi all of you,
hows the prep going on ...........did you all register for the exam in july .........i registered but i didnt get the admit card yet ........let me know if any one has got it ............
all the best ......
.sj

asj said:
hello everybody!!
hows everyone's preps going on?
hey rhia, hows it going? btw i have applied for the paper based exam in july. i also got a lot of mixed opinions about it and finally decided to go in for the paper based.
i think the deadline for applications is 6th june.
Hi,
Howz your prep going? 2 more months!!! :scared:
I have'nt been studying regularly offlate!! :( too many distractions!!!
Anyway, i was planning to apply for the exam sometime this week, was wondering should i send in a paper application or apply online!!!
What did you do? & which center did you put for second preference ?
Right now i am doing physiology, its so tough to remember anything.....by the time i am done with one subject looks like i have forgotten the earlier one!! :(
well, i guess just have to work harder now that the exams are nearing.
Good luck everyone :thumbup:
Rhia

Rhia said:
Hi,
Howz your prep going? 2 more months!!! :scared:
I have'nt been studying regularly offlate!! :( too many distractions!!!
Anyway, i was planning to apply for the exam sometime this week, was wondering should i send in a paper application or apply online!!!
What did you do? & which center did you put for second preference ?
Right now i am doing physiology, its so tough to remember anything.....by the time i am done with one subject looks like i have forgotten the earlier one!! :(
well, i guess just have to work harder now that the exams are nearing.
Good luck everyone :thumbup:
Rhia

hey all!
just 2 more months!! i am really tensed these days!!
its funny how you just cant remember stuff from one subject the minute u start studying the next one!!
hey rhia, where r u reading biochem from? any textbooks?
i have given wisconsin as my second choice.
u can send me a pm and maybe we can talk on phone and discuss things if u want.
keep up the studying, everyone!!!:thumbup:
asj.

Rhia said:
Hi,
I was wondering if there are people preparing for the paper based exam in july? Thought i will start a thread for those who are planning to take the exam then. We can keep in touch & discuss doubts etc.4 months to go!!!! :thumbup:
Rhia.
well i'm too preparin' fr part 1 on july .i'm studyin' dental anatomy wht about u

Hi, I just finished pathology class so here is my 2 cent on why Pancreatic carcinoma has the worst prognosis.

The most common GI cancer if I remember correctly is the Colon cancer. Cancers in other parts of the GI are most commonly metastasis from colon cancer. So even though Pancreatic carcinoma are rare, they have the worst prognosis because chances are they're from colon metastasis, and metastasis may spread to other areas of the body as well already.

Hope this makes some sense. That question is sooo tricky !!!

Rhia said:
Hi inder,
ooops!! sorry that was a typo.... :oops:
the question is actually for prognosis!!! i have made the change in the question now.......

Rhia

hi rhia,

i'm new to this thread...after reading all the threads and the interaction, it seemed very encouraging to join the group.
was wondering how ur preparation is going on and where u stand?
i'm so slow that even a person with no dental background could go faster thn my pace.
its so hard to be at home cook clean wash and then to get to ur books.
do we have to study during the weeknds too??? long weeknds??
i wanted to give my exam this july, but i know nothing ...

cobecana said:
Hi, I just finished pathology class so here is my 2 cent on why Pancreatic carcinoma has the worst prognosis.

The most common GI cancer if I remember correctly is the Colon cancer. Cancers in other parts of the GI are most commonly metastasis from colon cancer. So even though Pancreatic carcinoma are rare, they have the worst prognosis because chances are they're from colon metastasis, and metastasis may spread to other areas of the body as well already.

Hope this makes some sense. That question is sooo tricky !!!
hey,
Thanks for the clarification, but from what i gathered it seems like pancreatic cancer is got worst prognosis because the symptoms of pancreatic cancer does not show till a late stage & by then there would be metastasis to important organs. that is why it is supposed to have worst prognosis. i came across this info in robbins patho book.....so i thought maybe that was the explanation for the question!!
Anyway, now we have 2 different explanations....well i guess as long as the answer is right i think it does'nt matter :)
Thanks for taking time to clarify :thumbup:
rhia

leka rao said:
hi rhia,

i'm new to this thread...after reading all the threads and the interaction, it seemed very encouraging to join the group.
was wondering how ur preparation is going on and where u stand?
i'm so slow that even a person with no dental background could go faster thn my pace.
its so hard to be at home cook clean wash and then to get to ur books.
do we have to study during the weeknds too??? long weeknds??
i wanted to give my exam this july, but i know nothing ...
hi,
Well, my prep is also slow.. :oops: supposed to have gone through kaplan book once, but i do not remember anything. I have just registered for the exam, 1 1/2 months to go , hope i am able to revise & retain all the info i have studied!!!
Well, it is tough to get to books with a lot of other things to do, but i guess you should work your way & strike a balance. From when have you started studying? Don't give the exam unless you are confident...first make up your mind when you wanna give the exam & prepare accordingly. I never studied in the weekends, not that i did not want to , its just that i could not!!! :)
try & balance your time, like cook over the weekends, try & go out to a library to study.....think of it like you are going for work, in that case you would have to set apart 8 hrs or so & only after coming back home would you have to do all the remaining work right? so think of it as you are working & study atleast for 8 hrs if you are just beginning.
i guess i have given too much of advice :oops:
Anyway, hope it helps :)
Good luck with your prep :thumbup:
rhia

Rhia said:
hi,
Well, my prep is also slow.. :oops: supposed to have gone through kaplan book once, but i do not remember anything. I have just registered for the exam, 1 1/2 months to go , hope i am able to revise & retain all the info i have studied!!!
Well, it is tough to get to books with a lot of other things to do, but i guess you should work your way & strike a balance. From when have you started studying? Don't give the exam unless you are confident...first make up your mind when you wanna give the exam & prepare accordingly. I never studied in the weekends, not that i did not want to , its just that i could not!!! :)
try & balance your time, like cook over the weekends, try & go out to a library to study.....think of it like you are going for work, in that case you would have to set apart 8 hrs or so & only after coming back home would you have to do all the remaining work right? so think of it as you are working & study atleast for 8 hrs if you are just beginning.
i guess i have given too much of advice :oops:
Anyway, hope it helps :)
Good luck with your prep :thumbup:
rhia
hey rhia,
how much u have done and how are u coming up i am too bad with biochem.....
doing my papers..........scoring only50-60 percent ......what about u

sjchand said:
hey rhia,
how much u have done and how are u coming up i am too bad with biochem.....
doing my papers..........scoring only50-60 percent ......what about u
hi sjchand,
I have not got to the stage of working out papers, i do not remember a word of what i have studied :( .....i think i will be trying to work out papers only in june. Even i am very bad in biochem-physio..... :( but the thing is even subjects like anatomy which seem easy while studying, is tough to recollect!!! Well, this exam is going to be one challenge i guess!!!
just keep at your prep, learn from the mistakes you are making while working out the papers , i think it will help during the exam.
rhia

Hi everyone, I am also preparing for the july paper based test.
pls could u tell me where could i study dental occlusion from, anywebsite and all.
This would be of great help.

Rhia said:
inder said:
:( hi!
nice to know so many preparing for this exam ,even i am taking the exam but i have planned to take the CBT , i donot understand why so many people are afraid to take the CBT.

Hi inder,
Its not about being afraid to take CBT, its more about personal preference...i don't think CBT is easy or paper based....i think tis the same...only thing is i cannot sit in front of the computer for 8 hrs!!!:) thats why i chose paper based....
Rhia
Hi all
I'm preparing for part 1 in chicago too.
is there any dead line forregistration of CBT?
babak

Hi guys!
I just registered here.I am planning to take the NBDE1 tests in july too.I am glad i found this thread. :luck: So what are u guys upto?I have almost finished with my kaplan review book once.Iam also studying from the decks.Do u think its enough for the boards?

Hi guys!
i just joined the group!am very glad i found it :laugh: i am nervous too about the exams.I just found this link today which i thought might benefit u.It has a few questions that u can go thru.www.nbdedreamsation.com lets keep in touch guys!ALL THE BEST :thumbup:

hi rhia, i'm in illinois too,i'm going to take paper test in july, maybe we can keep in contact co'z i don't know a lot of people here, what is the difference about take the exam at uic or alton, which one is better?????

thank you :scared:

lachula21 said:
hi rhia, i'm in illinois too,i'm going to take paper test in july, maybe we can keep in contact co'z i don't know a lot of people here, what is the difference about take the exam at uic or alton, which one is better?????

thank you :scared:
hi,
I preferred uic because its closer to the place I live. Thats all to it.....if alton is closer for you then you might as well take alton. just choose a center close to your place.
Rhia

Rhia said:
Hi,
I was wondering if there are people preparing for the paper based exam in july? Thought i will start a thread for those who are planning to take the exam then. We can keep in touch & discuss doubts etc.4 months to go!!!! :thumbup:
Rhia.

hi rhia,
for starters how many hours a day shud we study.
and how many months do we have to work hard?which dental college did u go to..and when did u pass out?
after 3 yrs of college ,its just so hard to stay focused on one topic .
seemed to have forgotten 95% of what i have studied in dental college
is it just for me...or is there anyone with the same kind of problem :confused: .
how do u manage to study for 8 hours a day and still manage to take care of cooking and the other chores?
wud appreciate ur response

kadilema said:
hi rhia,
for starters how many hours a day shud we study.
and how many months do we have to work hard?which dental college did u go to..and when did u pass out?
after 3 yrs of college ,its just so hard to stay focused on one topic .
seemed to have forgotten 95% of what i have studied in dental college
is it just for me...or is there anyone with the same kind of problem :confused: .
how do u manage to study for 8 hours a day and still manage to take care of cooking and the other chores?
wud appreciate ur response
hi,
Well, i am not really studying for 8 hrs a day, though i try to.... :oops: that plan was what i thought would be ideal, so i thought if anyone can follow it then it will be good. :)
Its 5 years since i have finished college so you are better off than me :) .
Even i am learning from scratch now.....its tough...but then nothing is easy about this exam......
So forget everything else, just concentrate on the exam..... try to put in as many hrs possible......give it your best!!!
rhia

Rhia said:
hi,
Well, i am not really studying for 8 hrs a day, though i try to.... :oops: that plan was what i thought would be ideal, so i thought if anyone can follow it then it will be good. :)
Its 5 years since i have finished college so you are better off than me :) .
Even i am learning from scratch now.....its tough...but then nothing is easy about this exam......
So forget everything else, just concentrate on the exam..... try to put in as many hrs possible......give it your best!!!
rhia
hi Rhia
i m worried i have not even finished reading kaplan once.how much u have finished.do u read kaplan book also or just doing decks & released papers. i m worried perhaps i m doing it at slowest pace.
anyway keep studying.
sushila

Hi guys,
I need some advice...I am doing decks these days and solving papers...but my problem is that i dont know how to handle all these subjects!I was planning to finish Bio-chem/physio and Anatomy by 15th of june and then patho/micro and DA by the end of this month...but i am afraid that when i am through with it I'll forget the subjects i am studying right now!How are u guys managing all the subjects?Do u do all subjects everyday?Please help! :( Also are u going to through the papers a 2nd time?Do u solve the paper again?I take a lot of time solving and reading the answers to each paper...

sUSHILA said:
hi Rhia
i m worried i have not even finished reading kaplan once.how much u have finished.do u read kaplan book also or just doing decks & released papers. i m worried perhaps i m doing it at slowest pace.
anyway keep studying.
sushila

Hi Sushila
no u r not alone . i m also in the same boat as u. i ve not finished Kaplan yet. i ve not touched decks yet. i still don't ve past papers. & i m also taking exam in july though i m taking the cbt. So don't worry & lets put our best into it.
DJ

Hi guys!!

Hope you are doing well in preparations.

I have finished Micro,Patho, Physio and Dental occlusion.Intend to spend 10-15 days on anatomy, and the rest on biochemistry, which is the hardest thing, i have to admitt.

How are the rest of you doing?

Don't give up!!!!!

Hi Guys, :confused:
I dont know why but im having difficulty studying Immunology.Since morning im trying to get it into my head but i cant!Am i the only one having prob with Immun?Are u guys studying it from kaplan review book?Are decks enough for immunology?Plz advice. :sleep: