paper based part 1 in july!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi guys....i feel sad when i read everybodys frustruations. only when u stop worrying and think logically, will u be able to ace this exam.

most of the problems arise when we dont have OUR OWN pattern of studying. we keep worrying, ' oh god, she finished 100 pages and im only done with 25....;' oh sheesh, he did papers thrice and i havent even finished them once' ..

u shd realise that there is no point in these thoughts. it might take 6 months for you to get back into the mode of studying while it may just take a week for the person next to you....SO WHAT? each one of us is different and in the end what matters is how much dedication we put into our dreams to make them materialise.
After u become a successful dentist noone is going to ask abt ur marks or abt the number of hrs u crammed. so let ur study skills be ur secret and ur secret only. if u r bad, think how u can improve. if u r good, exploit it. instead of worrying, try to think logically. after all this is only an exam and there r more challenges in life that u have to face.

i try to think from the point of view of the person preparing the questions...he will want to know if u know ur basic stuff first, only then he will go into the details. so what i did from the 1st day of my preparation is to study the question papers of each subject. i started with Micropath. I did not do it like an exam..i marked the answers and studied them. the first paper i did, i knew only 10 questions. i had forgotten everything. i was frustruated. but when i did the next, i knew more..when i reached the last paper, i knew atleast 50 questions. Now i knew exactly how questions were framed. next i started with the decks. it was easier since i knew half the stuff from the papers. then i just rushed thru Kaplan. I skipped the not so important info and highlighted the important info( the info i learned from decks and papers)...

this is my study pattern. u have to find ur own pattern. so dont waste time browsing SDN more than necessary. browse it when u r taking a break...and pay attention to the questions posted by people who have taken the exam. im taking my exam soon. cannot say im very confident...but im more confident today than i was a month ago.

hope this mail helps everyone writing the exam.

Good luck.

dentophilia

Members don't see this ad.

hi scarlet fever, study immunology from Kaplan. form pictures in ur mind. i will give u an eg: pls read carefully...u will find its very simple after u finish reading.

how does the HIV virus work?

AIDS is characterised by loss of CD4+ cells. HIV virus binds to the CD4+ cells..

now...imagine a CD disk..with 4+ written on it. its lying in a cell(this is the T cell) ..now there is a spot on the disk ..lets name it gp120...this is where HIV attaches itself. now RNA of the virus is reverse transcribed and pushed into DNA of the cell(imagine RNA being kicked in!! ;)..

now how does the virus get activated..?

exposure of T cell to stimuli....and whats our stimuli?cytokines or antigens...
once they are activated, they start to multiply within the cell..leading to cell death...

now wasnt that simple??

hope i helped u some..GOOD LUCK!
dont u worry...nothing is impossible. learn with a sharp mind.

dentophilia.

dentophilia said:
hi guys....i feel sad when i read everybodys frustruations. only when u stop worrying and think logically, will u be able to ace this exam.

most of the problems arise when we dont have OUR OWN pattern of studying. we keep worrying, ' oh god, she finished 100 pages and im only done with 25....;' oh sheesh, he did papers thrice and i havent even finished them once' ..

u shd realise that there is no point in these thoughts. it might take 6 months for you to get back into the mode of studying while it may just take a week for the person next to you....SO WHAT? each one of us is different and in the end what matters is how much dedication we put into our dreams to make them materialise.
After u become a successful dentist noone is going to ask abt ur marks or abt the number of hrs u crammed. so let ur study skills be ur secret and ur secret only. if u r bad, think how u can improve. if u r good, exploit it. instead of worrying, try to think logically. after all this is only an exam and there r more challenges in life that u have to face.

i try to think from the point of view of the person preparing the questions...he will want to know if u know ur basic stuff first, only then he will go into the details. so what i did from the 1st day of my preparation is to study the question papers of each subject. i started with Micropath. I did not do it like an exam..i marked the answers and studied them. the first paper i did, i knew only 10 questions. i had forgotten everything. i was frustruated. but when i did the next, i knew more..when i reached the last paper, i knew atleast 50 questions. Now i knew exactly how questions were framed. next i started with the decks. it was easier since i knew half the stuff from the papers. then i just rushed thru Kaplan. I skipped the not so important info and highlighted the important info( the info i learned from decks and papers)...

this is my study pattern. u have to find ur own pattern. so dont waste time browsing SDN more than necessary. browse it when u r taking a break...and pay attention to the questions posted by people who have taken the exam. im taking my exam soon. cannot say im very confident...but im more confident today than i was a month ago.

hope this mail helps everyone writing the exam.

Good luck.

dentophilia

hi dento.....
thnks...dont know for what....but ur big long para helped me.good luck with ur exams......keep up the good work
k...lema

Thankyou so much dentophilia for ur advice :) Its very nice of you to take the time out and write such encouraging words...ALL THE BEST to u too :thumbup: