Parking permits for Northwestern students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lyragrl

Mold-a-rama fan
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just accepted to NUMS, which I am very excited about. But I have one question: Does anybody know the deal with commuter parking permits for students?

I live in Chicago, about seven miles away from NU's downtown campus. I would love to be able to drive to and from school if possible. According to the NU website, there is some commuter parking reserved for students, faculty, and staff on the downtown campus. Are med students included in the permit pool?

I'm a longtime Chicago resident so I know that 1) Parking downtown is expensive; 2) that the school isn't that far from the el. However, I've been commuting downtown by el every day for six years, and I'm pretty sick of it.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations on your acceptance! Parking permits are available to any student living more than a mile from the medical school, so you would certainly qualify.

Score! Thanks for the prompt reply, Wrigleyville.

I'm looking forward to the second look weekend!

Members don't see this ad :)
the details of obtaining a parking permit are on the following site.
http://www.univsvcs.northwestern.edu/Parking/faq_p.html

as long live outside a two-mile radius from campus (Fullerton on the North, Roosevelt on the South, Ashland on the West and Lake Michigan on the East.) you will be able to get a permit

cost:
Annual Rate: $375
School Year Rate: $297
Quarterly Rate: $120

congrats on NU!

Originally posted by nuclearrabbit77
the details of obtaining a parking permit are on the following site.
http://www.univsvcs.northwestern.edu/Parking/faq_p.html
cost:
Annual Rate: $375
School Year Rate: $297
Quarterly Rate: $120

That is an unbelievable steal. $31.25/month--in the heart of Chicago--for unlimited privileges in a parking garage no more than 2 blocks from school.