dddunit

10+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2007
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
do you guys have any study material recommendations for part 2 surgical boards? would you say it is the same as part 1? would be curious to know what you guys used to be successful on it

Apr 30, 2018
Status
Non-Student
Bumping this in anticipation. Anyone know if the CBPS II differs at all from Part I? Are they still going to have random questions peppered in to the patient workup?

hematosis

Slappin Da Bass
7+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2009
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
how dumb are you guys? why don't you use the search function?

Apr 30, 2018
Status
Non-Student
how dumb are you guys? why don't you use the search function?
Hey thanks for the reply. Perhaps you could help me and direct me to any thread that discusses how the CBPS II differs from CBPS part I. I found some mentioning the CBPS Part I from back in 2013

hematosis

Slappin Da Bass
7+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2009
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
ah alright that was a bit rough, sorry. If you guys have any specific questions PM me. happy to help.

Reactions: PashaOdesit
Apr 30, 2018
Status
Non-Student
so took the CBPS part II last week and felt like it went very well. I'm posting this here for people in the future, so they don't have to deal with the "fellowship" (lol) trained dipsh*t above me.

Questions on the CBPS II were pretty much the same as they were on the qualifier CBPS exam. Basically seeing if you could work up a patient properly, identify risk factors and plan accordingly for them.

Not sure why we have to prove that we can work up patients again, as this used to be required for after case submission and you'd think it would be identified in case submission if the candidate can't work patients up.

No multiple choice questions sprinkled in, although there was a standard "Be as specific as possible" in the diagnosis section. This time the "be more specific" response on Physical Exam didn't waste a choice which was a relief. Also for the standard podiatry vascular exam it was bundled, so you didn't have to break down into components and waste choices. Cases sometimes varied though in different findings, for instance Ankle ROM sometimes gave me a result for the Silfverskiold exam, other times I'd have to order them seperate.

Approached it like the qualifier CBPS and had plenty of time for each case. First go to radiology for any free images given, if not standard foot or ankle xrays. Then cruise over to labs and order the standard panels for each case, whether its infection/trauma/female/RA patient etc, then work up from there. Writing down things to order for every Flatfoot or Cavus or Trauma cases would net free points for physical exam without even having to think.

Cases on the Foot CBPS II incorporate some things people would think are RRA, so I'd encourage anyone who is qualified for taking RRA to just do it. The work up for patients is pretty similar, and I had maybe 5 cases on RRA that differed drastically than how I worked up people on Foot.

Images were crisp and clear which was a first from what I've heard, also I didn't know this but you can zoom in by using the mouse wheel. Found that one out for the last 3 cases in RRA lol.

Mods feel free to edit if it's too specific and it violates some rule, don't want to get in trouble.

air bud

10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2008
Land of the free
Status
Attending Physician
The non fellowship trained dipsh*t above me is spot on. Test was easy. If you can't pass that then you shouldn't be doing this job. In the event I didn't pass, then ABFAS has unrealistic expectations.

OP
D

dddunit

10+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2007
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hey guys how long does it take to get case review results? Just took written portion yesterday. Do the results come out at the same time?thanks