Partially Paid Pharmacy School Tuition?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stephen Kun

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
If a pharmacy school wants you bad enough will they partially pay for your tuition? I currently have over a 4.0 GPA and just finished the PCAT today with a composite preliminary score of 433 (95th percentile). Gauging the average GPA and PCAT scores of accepted students to certain schools I'm assuming that I'm moderately more competitive over most applicants. I have a friend that went to law school at ASU and they completely paid for his tuition because they wanted him so bad. I know its not comparing apples to apples, but was just wondering if anyone has any experience in this.

Members don't see this ad.

They barely give out scholarships. Competitive pharmacy students are a dime a dozen unfortunately.

What would their $100,000+ be buying?

A couple classmates got need-based awards, had to apply during 1st year, give family financial info, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
If a pharmacy school wants you bad enough will they partially pay for your tuition? I currently have over a 4.0 GPA and just finished the PCAT today with a composite preliminary score of 433 (95th percentile). Gauging the average GPA and PCAT scores of accepted students to certain schools I'm assuming that I'm moderately more competitive over most applicants. I have a friend that went to law school at ASU and they completely paid for his tuition because they wanted him so bad. I know its not comparing apples to apples, but was just wondering if anyone has any experience in this.

Never expect anything substantial from pharmacy school.

I have a friend who got a scholarship to the private pharmacy school she applied to, but it only equated to the difference in tuition between the private school and the other public school in our state. So really nothing significant.