Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The only problem with that is the NP curriculum is designed around the nursing model, not the medical model. Is there much of a difference? I'm not entirely sure. There are a lot of differing opinions on the matter.Not judging people on their degrees. A poster was saying that the standard to get into PA schools is higher than NP and I want to make sure that he knows that they are a few PA schools that still award AS degree and bunch of them still award BS degree. I would be the first to say that the MCAT is a BS test and for the most part has no predictive value of how good of a physician that someone will be. I have been in healthcare for many years and I have met many foreign physicians and some Americans who went to the islands, and they are excellent physicians... I even gave an anecdote of my friend who went to AUA after getting 17 on the MCAT ( 3 attempts) and was able to get 218 on step1 (1 attempt). I know it is not a great score but it just show you how much of a BS test the MCAT is. I am glad LECOM waive that requirement for PA and I think more DO schools should have program like that for NP/PA.
...I'll give you that mechanics is not that useful, but imo EM and atomic stuff is......