Pass Application - Professional Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Surive123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Quick question with PASS - the ambiguity is killing me here. Seems like a lot of people are interpreting things differently and was hoping for an opinion from SDN.

For Professional Experience and under Practice of Dentistry, how are you interpreting this?

1) Post-dental school experience such as Employment (holding an actual license to practice dentistry such as Private practice type work)

or

2) Practice of Dentistry within school setting as well. Such as external rotations relevant to your field (associated with your dental school) such at a OS/Endo/Pedo etc... facility where you provided care under your proctor, but technically you practiced dentistry?

Also are you guys ordering things by date or importance? I am getting conflicting things about that too. PASS honestly doesn't have a rearragement feature too?, just lol. Might have to delete and rearrange it all manually.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Everyone,

Quick question with PASS - the ambiguity is killing me here. Seems like a lot of people are interpreting things differently and was hoping for an opinion from SDN.

For Professional Experience and under Practice of Dentistry, how are you interpreting this?

1) Post-dental school experience such as Employment (holding an actual license to practice dentistry such as Private practice type work)

or

2) Practice of Dentistry within school setting as well. Such as external rotations relevant to your field (associated with your dental school) such at a OS/Endo/Pedo etc... facility where you provided care under your proctor, but technically you practiced dentistry?

Also are you guys ordering things by date or importance? I am getting conflicting things about that too. PASS honestly doesn't have a rearragement feature too?, just lol. Might have to delete and rearrange it all manually.

Thanks!

At no point during school are you considered to be practicing dentistry. The proctor at an external site is considered to be the same as an instructor at your school.

At no point during school are you considered to be practicing dentistry. The proctor at an external site is considered to be the same as an instructor at your school.
I agree. The argument for adding in that section came down to "well, if you had private practice experience to any extent you would just put that in relevant work experience section...otherwise whats the difference between the two sections"

I'm glad my thinking was in line with what you stated. I know some people wanted to highlight their rotations, but clearly this isn't the appropriate area for that. Thank you.