-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*****Official PASS 2027 Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information***
Started by I Love Cats!
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
thetoothhurts93
Full Member
I was told some people did get asked about it in the interview. I've heard people definitely do it to network, but putting myself in their shoes, I'd definitely be annoyed if I'm just trying to catch up with colleagues and learn while being bombarded by strangers trying to suck up to me.Thoughts on the AAE conference? I've got mixed reviews. I heard some program directors get annoyed because students are bombarding them
I got in with a GPA lower than 3.8. Matter of fact, I was the bottom 50% of my class. Also it did not take me years nor do I have strong connections. The key is to recognize the weaknesses on your application and be able to address them.i noticed in recent years if your GPA is lower than 3.8. ..So You are most likely not in top 20. You won’t get in. Doesn’t matter what you have experience, research, CEs, leadership…I believe schools care about GPA. They want you to take the board and pass it…for school reputation.
Correct me if I am wrong! Anyone got in with GPA lower than 3.8?! I mean it might take years and connections to get in. But in general high GPA is very very important!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can you elaborate on what you think helped you get in? Strong letters of recommendation? ADAT score 600+?I got in with a GPA lower than 3.8. Matter of fact, I was the bottom 50% of my class. Also it did not take me years nor do I have strong connections. The key is to recognize the weaknesses on your application and be able to address them.
Does Ohio accept internationally trained dentist ?
Do they accept only citizens or permanent residents also ?
Any insight from residents or who graduated.
Do they accept only citizens or permanent residents also ?
Any insight from residents or who graduated.
There is a difference between internationals are allowed to apply, vs the school will actually accept internationals.Does Ohio accept internationally trained dentist ?
Do they accept only citizens or permanent residents also ?
Any insight from residents or who graduated.
thetoothhurts93
Full Member
Their website says you must have a DDS or DMD from a North American schoolDoes Ohio accept internationally trained dentist ?
Do they accept only citizens or permanent residents also ?
Any insight from residents or who graduated.
It can be either endo researches, publications, volunteers, etc... You need to SCREAM in your application that you LOVE LOVE endo figuratively.Would you mind elaborating on what these improvements were?
Most programs screened you on your class ranks. Gonna annoy some people but programs like Boston, Nova, NYU, USC, etc... the expensive one does not care about class rank that much so you probably have more chance if you apply to super expensive school. The one that paid stipend is more competitive.I got in with a GPA lower than 3.8. Matter of fact, I was the bottom 50% of my class. Also it did not take me years nor do I have strong connections. The key is to recognize the weaknesses on your application and be able to address them.
And if you have a sucky personality, you won't get in. we like the introverted 😉
Having a 600 ADAT score and strong letters/CV prevented my application from getting thrown in the trash. It's just a guess but I believe the interview is what helped set my application apart. My interview with the director and the faculty went well and we had a good connection. I wish I can say that all you have to do is x, y, and z, but sometimes it's not as simple. Every program director has their own beliefs and approaches to selecting candidates that they believe will be successful residents. Luckily for me, the program directer saw those qualities in me.Can you elaborate on what you think helped you get in? Strong letters of recommendation? ADAT score 600+?
My advice is to strengthen your application in every way you can and if you're fortunate enough to land an interview, come prepared but be self-aware enough to not sound like a robot. Yes they're picking out a future resident, but someone who one day can be a colleague or a friend too.
Most programs screened you on your class ranks. Gonna annoy some people but programs like Boston, Nova, NYU, USC, etc... the expensive one does not care about class rank that much so you probably have more chance if you apply to super expensive school. The one that paid stipend is more competitive.
And if you have a sucky personality, you won't get in. we like the introverted 😉
I thought some of those more expensive schools would prefer class rank/GPA because they accept new grads
It's funny because when I interviewed with the PD, we only talked about huntingIt can be either endo researches, publications, volunteers, etc... You need to SCREAM in your application that you LOVE LOVE endo figuratively.
Last edited:
Nothing significant, just casual email response to app question. Interviews are to be held late March for July cohort group as of last check. May change due to developing program.Anyone heard back from Austin Institute of dental medicine??
Anyone else take the ADAT yet this cycle? Feeling like I got absolutely washed by the biomedical science section.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a current D3. Transparently, this semester is far too busy (legit dont have a single free weekend until May) so my plan is to apply without it and see what happens this cycle. My application is not perfect (I have an F from first sem of dental school), but I think I have some strong redeeming factors... we'll see how much those matter. If I don't get in, I will apply to do a gpr and plan on studying for the adat my d4 year and take it then before reapplying.i think you should just take it lol
from what i heard, this is a normal feeling afterwardAnyone else take the ADAT yet this cycle? Feeling like I got absolutely washed by the biomedical science section.
Did you pay a fee ? Did they send you a link with application fee ??Nothing significant, just casual email response to app question. Interviews are to be held late March for July cohort group as of last check. May change due to developing program.
Some interviews are casual and some are intense. But the interview will determine whether you get in or not. So don't coast.It's funny because when I interviewed with the PD, we only talked about hunting
No link and no info on fee. Only that my application was complete. There is a section under FAQS that they will contact you if anything is missing. I’m still waiting on Dean’s letter to arrive, need it for PASS this year anyway. If I hear anything, I’ll let you know. If you’ve applied, I wish you much luck. You’ll have everything prepped for PASS in May and hit the gates running.👍🏻Did you pay a fee ? Did they send you a link with application fee ??
Since they just got initial accreditation to start cohort in July, things may still be a little shaky and still ironing out details. I’m hoping they’ll reach out if you are missing anything.
I’m also thinking since this app is for this July (2026), They should open up again soon (May-July) for next years group 2027. So keep pushing along for both.
Did AIDM require dean letter ? I didn’t see they ask for it in their application.No link and no info on fee. Only that my application was complete. There is a section under FAQS that they will contact you if anything is missing. I’m still waiting on Dean’s letter to arrive, need it for PASS this year anyway. If I hear anything, I’ll let you know. If you’ve applied, I wish you much luck. You’ll have everything prepped for PASS in May and hit the gates running.👍🏻
Since they just got initial accreditation to start cohort in July, things may still be a little shaky and still ironing out details. I’m hoping they’ll reach out if you are missing anything.
I’m also thinking since this app is for this July (2026), They should open up again soon (May-July) for next years group 2027. So keep pushing along for both.
I got email they received my application but didn’t say it is complete or missing anything!
Last edited:
Just 3 letter rec; i included dean’s and rec letters; need it for PASS anyway.Did AIDM require dean letter ? I didn’t see they ask for it in their application.
I got email they received my application but didn’t say it is complete or missing anything!
Hi everyone!
I’m planning to take the ADAT soon and have a couple of questions:
1. For Endo residency, do you know if it’s okay to submit ADAT results later in the application process, or do programs (where ADAT is not required, I'm just trying to improve my chances) usually need it upfront?
2. I'm planning to take the INBDE before, but the earliest I can take it is May 1st. It is difficult managing studying for both exams and keeping up with my D3 exams and clinic... any tips or advice for me would be super appreciated! Thanks so much :')
I’m planning to take the ADAT soon and have a couple of questions:
1. For Endo residency, do you know if it’s okay to submit ADAT results later in the application process, or do programs (where ADAT is not required, I'm just trying to improve my chances) usually need it upfront?
2. I'm planning to take the INBDE before, but the earliest I can take it is May 1st. It is difficult managing studying for both exams and keeping up with my D3 exams and clinic... any tips or advice for me would be super appreciated! Thanks so much :')
Honestly there is no “later in the cycle” for the majority endo programs. You need to have your application in and complete pretty much as soon as PASS opens or there’s a chance programs won’t even look at.Hi everyone!
I’m planning to take the ADAT soon and have a couple of questions:
1. For Endo residency, do you know if it’s okay to submit ADAT results later in the application process, or do programs (where ADAT is not required, I'm just trying to improve my chances) usually need it upfront?
2. I'm planning to take the INBDE before, but the earliest I can take it is May 1st. It is difficult managing studying for both exams and keeping up with my D3 exams and clinic... any tips or advice for me would be super appreciated! Thanks so much :')
endowhisperer
New Member
Best of luck for this cycle everyone. some of the tips that helped me on my journey:
- Get your application to be unique and eye catching. stay away from repetitive and predictable formats.
- Notify your references and send them reminders.
- Read program requirements carefully and prepare before the cycle opens and try to reduce your enquiry emails to the programs during applications period as they are very busy and you will lose time waiting for their response.
- Attend the AAE. although to a lot this might be very debatable but it was a gain for me on so many different levels.
- Apply early. Try within the first week of PASS opening.
- Apply broad. Even one school application at the last minute might change your whole life and that is what happened to me.
- Get your application to be unique and eye catching. stay away from repetitive and predictable formats.
- Notify your references and send them reminders.
- Read program requirements carefully and prepare before the cycle opens and try to reduce your enquiry emails to the programs during applications period as they are very busy and you will lose time waiting for their response.
- Attend the AAE. although to a lot this might be very debatable but it was a gain for me on so many different levels.
- Apply early. Try within the first week of PASS opening.
- Apply broad. Even one school application at the last minute might change your whole life and that is what happened to me.
endogiraffe
Full Member
For PASS applications, when the applications open do you just have everything ready to upload and then upload the day they open? Like with transcripts, when should I send the transcript request if you can't even create a pass application until the day they open... And then same with LORs, how do you ensure that they get uploaded at a decent time in the application process?
I'm sorry if these are dumb questions lol but this is my first time applying so I'm not sure how it works.
I'm sorry if these are dumb questions lol but this is my first time applying so I'm not sure how it works.
Curious about this as well. I'm just trying to fill out as much info as possible atm.For PASS applications, when the applications open do you just have everything ready to upload and then upload the day they open? Like with transcripts, when should I send the transcript request if you can't even create a pass application until the day they open... And then same with LORs, how do you ensure that they get uploaded at a decent time in the application process?
I'm sorry if these are dumb questions lol but this is my first time applying so I'm not sure how it works.
You can prepare your CV, personal statement now. Ready to submit by May
Tell your references NOW that you need letters, and emphasize it must be submitted within a very narrow window after PASS opens
If mailing physical transcript, you can request the transcript 2-3 days prior to PASS opens to account for mailing time. Look up where PASS wants transcripts to be mailed.
Electronic transcript should arrive very quickly (1-3 business days)
I mean, even if you request transcript mailing after PASS opens, they should arrive 7-10 days, which is acceptable.
Most programs don't look at apps until everything is submitted
Apply broadly. Weigh between spending $200 on an extra application or waiting another cycle :/
I applied to~20 programs in first cycle, and ~40 programs in my second cycle
I will never stop wondering if I applied 40 programs the first time maybe I should have gotten in first try
And every interview is a valuable practice for the next
Your personality may click with 1 director and maybe hated by the next. It's kinda pure chance
Tell your references NOW that you need letters, and emphasize it must be submitted within a very narrow window after PASS opens
If mailing physical transcript, you can request the transcript 2-3 days prior to PASS opens to account for mailing time. Look up where PASS wants transcripts to be mailed.
Electronic transcript should arrive very quickly (1-3 business days)
I mean, even if you request transcript mailing after PASS opens, they should arrive 7-10 days, which is acceptable.
Most programs don't look at apps until everything is submitted
Apply broadly. Weigh between spending $200 on an extra application or waiting another cycle :/
I applied to~20 programs in first cycle, and ~40 programs in my second cycle
I will never stop wondering if I applied 40 programs the first time maybe I should have gotten in first try
And every interview is a valuable practice for the next
Your personality may click with 1 director and maybe hated by the next. It's kinda pure chance
endogiraffe
Full Member
When you say the AAE was a gain for you, in what way do you mean? Were you able to make good connections with schools or just in terms of general endodontic education/experience?Best of luck for this cycle everyone. some of the tips that helped me on my journey:
- Get your application to be unique and eye catching. stay away from repetitive and predictable formats.
- Notify your references and send them reminders.
- Read program requirements carefully and prepare before the cycle opens and try to reduce your enquiry emails to the programs during applications period as they are very busy and you will lose time waiting for their response.
- Attend the AAE. although to a lot this might be very debatable but it was a gain for me on so many different levels.
- Apply early. Try within the first week of PASS opening.
- Apply broad. Even one school application at the last minute might change your whole life and that is what happened to me.
If you are missing anything they will reach out. If not, your application is complete for nowDid AIDM require dean letter ? I didn’t see they ask for it in their application.
I got email they received my application but didn’t say it is complete or missing anything!
My friend mentioned he received the link for payment
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
endowhisperer
New Member
I made good friends who had a great impact on my application, we pitched ideas, refined our CV and PS each matched in a different program so i have colleagues in different programs now. took a professional headshot at the exhibit floor i used for my application, spoke to PD, residents and connected with specialist i follow on IG, kinda nice to put a personality to the name. it was also a very motivating experience to see how competitive the speciality is and the amount of aspirants in the speciality. as well as the advancements and up dates in the field.When you say the AAE was a gain for you, in what way do you mean? Were you able to make good connections with schools or just in terms of general endodontic education/experience?
dentistrymen
New Member
Hello doctors
I am a foreign-trained dentist planning to apply for Endodontic programs this cycle. While my GPA is currently below 3.0, I have been working closely with endodontists in the US for the past 3 years. Additionally, I have 3 publications, several volunteering hours, and I am currently studying for the ADAT to strengthen my profile.
Given my GPA, are there specific programs that strictly filter by academic cut-offs that I should be aware of? I plan on applying broadly, but I want to be strategic with my list.
Thanks!
I am a foreign-trained dentist planning to apply for Endodontic programs this cycle. While my GPA is currently below 3.0, I have been working closely with endodontists in the US for the past 3 years. Additionally, I have 3 publications, several volunteering hours, and I am currently studying for the ADAT to strengthen my profile.
Given my GPA, are there specific programs that strictly filter by academic cut-offs that I should be aware of? I plan on applying broadly, but I want to be strategic with my list.
Thanks!
its gonna be a hurdle, esp with IDP. That is the first cut off. You should go back to dental school here in US.Hello doctors
I am a foreign-trained dentist planning to apply for Endodontic programs this cycle. While my GPA is currently below 3.0, I have been working closely with endodontists in the US for the past 3 years. Additionally, I have 3 publications, several volunteering hours, and I am currently studying for the ADAT to strengthen my profile.
Given my GPA, are there specific programs that strictly filter by academic cut-offs that I should be aware of? I plan on applying broadly, but I want to be strategic with my list.
Thanks!
AAE is for educations and learning and connections, but in terms of you think you can make a connection with the PD, it is rarely happen.I made good friends who had a great impact on my application, we pitched ideas, refined our CV and PS each matched in a different program so i have colleagues in different programs now. took a professional headshot at the exhibit floor i used for my application, spoke to PD, residents and connected with specialist i follow on IG, kinda nice to put a personality to the name. it was also a very motivating experience to see how competitive the speciality is and the amount of aspirants in the speciality. as well as the advancements and up dates in the field.
yep I took it Monday! I agree biomedical section was on the tougher side. i thought the biostats part was ... on the easier side? not nearly as bad as ADAT KOAnyone else take the ADAT yet this cycle? Feeling like I got absolutely washed by the biomedical science section.
i got WASHED by biomed...yep I took it Monday! I agree biomedical section was on the tougher side. i thought the biostats part was ... on the easier side? not nearly as bad as ADAT KO
Glad I’m not the only one feeling this way. When did you take yours?i got WASHED by biomed...
anyone else struggling with rec letters? its tough being out of school for a while 🙁
Agree! I feel that has been a challenge always.anyone else struggling with rec letters? its tough being out of school for a while 🙁
Does Ohio sends completion email ?
thetoothhurts93
Full Member
Their website said you can check completion by emailing themDoes Ohio sends completion email ?
The dean and former instructors should write a letter if you provide sufficient info like transcript and a CVanyone else struggling with rec letters? its tough being out of school for a while 🙁
That's kinda their job
Should be there mostly, view their web on re-application. You must accept something, some blue button if I remember correctly to bring over your old info i to new app. Call PASS they’ll give you the exact steps👍🏻So this is my second time applying, when PASS opens up will my information still be there or will i be starting my application from scratch?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those going to the AAE conference, what days are you going?
thetoothhurts93
Full Member
I'm going Thursday afternoon, Friday, and Saturday morningFor those going to the AAE conference, what days are you going?
Wednesday to FridayFor those going to the AAE conference, what days are you going?
endogiraffe
Full Member
I'm planning to go Thursday afternoon - Saturday morning I think!For those going to the AAE conference, what days are you going?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 77
- Views
- 17K
- Replies
- 199
- Views
- 69K
- Replies
- 21
- Views
- 8K
- Replies
- 66
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 238
- Views
- 45K