You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*****Official PASS 2027 Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information***
Started by I Love Cats!
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
dental_education
New Member
For anyone currently looking at Endodontic residency programs, applications have just opened for four new dental residency program starting this cycle in July 2026. This program has no tuition and include a $40,000 stipend. The application deadline is March 1st and will enroll up to 5 residents. I’m attaching the application portal and program flyer below for anyone who wants more information.
email: [email protected]
Website
Application Link
email: [email protected]
Website
Application Link
Attachments
Competition is getting tougher every year. Last year's AAE had record attendance of dental students and GP's.
Remember to apply broadly. I applied to 37 schools. On the day I submitted my PASS app I added 2 more schools.
And it turns out, I only got 1 acceptance which was 1 of those 2 schools I added last minute.
I know application is expensive, but missing a year of Endo is even more costly imho. Good luck~
Remember to apply broadly. I applied to 37 schools. On the day I submitted my PASS app I added 2 more schools.
And it turns out, I only got 1 acceptance which was 1 of those 2 schools I added last minute.
I know application is expensive, but missing a year of Endo is even more costly imho. Good luck~
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
can we get more details on this? being tuition free with stipend looks promising, but lack of in depth information makes it look like its a gamble.For anyone currently looking at Endodontic residency programs, applications have just opened for four new dental residency program starting this cycle in July 2026. This program has no tuition and include a $40,000 stipend. The application deadline is March 1st and will enroll up to 5 residents. I’m attaching the application portal and program flyer below for anyone who wants more information.
email: [email protected]
Website
Application Link
For anyone currently looking at Endodontic residency programs, applications have just opened for four new dental residency program starting this cycle in July 2026. This program has no tuition and include a $40,000 stipend. The application deadline is March 1st and will enroll up to 5 residents. I’m attaching the application portal and program flyer below for anyone who wants more information.
email: [email protected]
Website
Application Link
Are there 3 other endo programs opening up? Which are they?
How many endodontic faculty are at your program? How many full time and how many part time?For anyone currently looking at Endodontic residency programs, applications have just opened for four new dental residency program starting this cycle in July 2026. This program has no tuition and include a $40,000 stipend. The application deadline is March 1st and will enroll up to 5 residents. I’m attaching the application portal and program flyer below for anyone who wants more information.
email: [email protected]
Website
Application Link
thetoothhurts93
Full Member
I saw one of their other posts where they created a thread. They're referring to the other three programs they're teaching at this institute - AEGD, ortho, and perio.Are there 3 other endo programs opening up? Which are they?
FloridaDental_2024
Full Member
It's not CODA approval yet. circle back in 3 weeks, after the CODA meeting in early February for an update.
Welcome to the Student Doctor Forum for the 2027 Endodontic Interviews.
This forum serves as a professional space for applicants to communicate, share insights, and support one another during the interview cycle. Best wishes to all applicants this cycle!
Nosey
I do it for the people 💁🏻♀Nosey
I am planning to apply this upcoming cycle for endo programs. I am an IDP graduate (DDS advanced standing) with 4.0 gpa and #1 rank and 4.5 work experience, Do I need to take the ADAT? I have a very busy work schedule and I want to save money and time, do you think it would add anything if I have good academic record? And if I'm not specifically targeting schools that require it. Like what would be my chances if I don't take it. Thank you for any response 🙏Welcome to the Student Doctor Forum for the 2027 Endodontic Interviews.
This forum serves as a professional space for applicants to communicate, share insights, and support one another during the interview cycle. Best wishes to all applicants this cycle!
Since you have a 4.0 GPA and do not want to go to schools that require it, I don't think it is necessary. ADAT is usually for candidates who need to compensate for GPA or went to a P/NP school to show they can succeed in academics in another way.I am planning to apply this upcoming cycle for endo programs. I am an IDP graduate (DDS advanced standing) with 4.0 gpa and #1 rank and 4.5 work experience, Do I need to take the ADAT? I have a very busy work schedule and I want to save money and time, do you think it would add anything if I have good academic record? And if I'm not specifically targeting schools that require it. Like what would be my chances if I don't take it. Thank you for any response 🙏
Non-ADAT programs receive many more applications. Some receiving 400 apps, and ultimately take 4. You do the math.I am planning to apply this upcoming cycle for endo programs. I am an IDP graduate (DDS advanced standing) with 4.0 gpa and #1 rank and 4.5 work experience, Do I need to take the ADAT? I have a very busy work schedule and I want to save money and time, do you think it would add anything if I have good academic record? And if I'm not specifically targeting schools that require it. Like what would be my chances if I don't take it. Thank you for any response 🙏
How did you all study for the ADAT? I am seeing people use NBDE part 1, ADAT KO, B&B, mental dental so I am pretty overwhelmed with what to go with
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For everyone asking about taking the ADAT- you can definitely be accepted without taking it- no one is forcing you. However if you take the time to study and do well it’s only going to benefit you. Endo has gotten really competitive- why not do all you can to increase your chances?
Excited and hopeful for this cycle
Guys there are a TON of red flags with this. No CODA accreditation... yet, no faculty/PD listed, no # to call only email, website looks super cheesy, no structured residency outline or super vague at best. The goal is to be a good endodontist and set to succeed. I can't tell you how to spend your money but please apply smartly and don't waste your time with the unknown.For anyone currently looking at Endodontic residency programs, applications have just opened for four new dental residency program starting this cycle in July 2026. This program has no tuition and include a $40,000 stipend. The application deadline is March 1st and will enroll up to 5 residents. I’m attaching the application portal and program flyer below for anyone who wants more information.
email: [email protected]
Website
Application Link
EDIT: Also, poster doesn't seem very good at responding
Last edited:
Good to see you on here this season. I took last year off for life stuff. Back for round 3Guys there are a TON of red flags with this. No CODA accreditation... yet, no faculty/PD listed, no # to call only email, website looks supper cheesy, no structured residency outline or super vague at best. The goal is to be a good endodontist and set to succeed. I can't tell you how to spend your money but please apply smartly and don't waste your time with the unknown.
EDIT: Also, poster doesn't seem very good at responding
endogiraffe
Full Member
I am applying this cycle. I will be two years out this May. I had a 3.8 GPA and graduated 34/102 in my class. I didn't really do much endo stuff during school as I didn't know I was going to decide to specialize. I have taken some endo CE and do endo in my practice and have started shadowing and plan to go to the AAE conference. I am just wanting any advice or ways to improve my resume. Good luck to everyone applying and thanks in advance!
Welp, that Texas School received initial accreditation though I still can't find a single dentist on their faculty list. Good luck!
New Accreditation Notices
CODA makes available all program accreditation notices and documents available, in accordance with USDE regulations for postsecondary accrediting agencies.
coda.ada.org
PD is listed as: Dr. Ravisher SinghWelp, that Texas School received initial accreditation though I still can't find a single dentist on their faculty list. Good luck!
New Accreditation Notices
CODA makes available all program accreditation notices and documents available, in accordance with USDE regulations for postsecondary accrediting agencies.coda.ada.org
Program is a part of Paris Regional Health Hospital system’s GME Residency training programs along with their medical residencies. Extension training facility it appears to be an incorporation of dental/medical residency. Part of the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine Program affiliate. Interesting take on dental residency following hospital residency training pathway.
I’ve been off for a year cycle. Did they stop support for the sdn ios app?
There is $100 application fee but no link to pay it! , i emailed them twice and they did not respond!! This is a mystery!! Lol i guess we will know soon.Welp, that Texas School received initial accreditation though I still can't find a single dentist on their faculty list. Good luck!
New Accreditation Notices
CODA makes available all program accreditation notices and documents available, in accordance with USDE regulations for postsecondary accrediting agencies.coda.ada.org
Last edited:
Where did you find this info: program director name ??PD is listed as: Dr. Ravisher Singh
Program is a part of Paris Regional Health Hospital system’s GME Residency training programs along with their medical residencies. Extension training facility it appears to be an incorporation of dental/medical residency. Part of the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine Program affiliate. Interesting take on dental residency following hospital residency training pathway.
send it to @Big Time Hoosier for his rolexThere is $100 application fee but no link to pay it! , i emailed them twice and they did not respond!! This is a mystery!! Lol i guess we will know soon.
Got it! Lolsend it to @Big Time Hoosier for his rolex
CODA website list Doc as Program Director; Board Certified Endodontist. Other info can be found on parisregionalhealth.com look under residencies for hospital shows medical and dental residencies they sponsorWhere did you find this info: program director name ??
Last edited:
With Ohio State opening up their application next Monday, the cycle officially begins! Good luck to everyone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yall be nice to Becky 😤
With Ohio State opening up their application next Monday, the cycle officially begins! Good luck to everyone.
why do some programs do their own applications and NON-PASS? To filter out people who really want to go to their specific program? A lot extra work for letter of recommendation writers to submit PASS and a bunch of non pass ones. I wouldn't mind doing the extra steps but my LoR writers are older and already struggle with the PASS website glitches.Yall be nice to Becky 😤
depends, there is a chance if someone didn't interview well and have entered the "blacklist"Do programs tend to re-interview previous applicants if their application improves, or is it uncommon once you’ve already been interviewed and not selected?
if application didn't change at all, might be no interview
but if very close to getting in, there could be another invite
Last edited:
guys good luck this cycle!! I don't know why but endo it is just getting more and more competitive every year. But stay the path, i know couple of people re-applying and still did not get in. But they tried again 4th and 5th time and they finally got in (with much more improvements on their apps).
thetoothhurts93
Full Member
Would you mind elaborating on what these improvements were?guys good luck this cycle!! I don't know why but endo it is just getting more and more competitive every year. But stay the path, i know couple of people re-applying and still did not get in. But they tried again 4th and 5th time and they finally got in (with much more improvements on their apps).
How is it possible that Ohio State is already opening up next week, thats so early! Does anyone know their history of accepting in state vs out of state?
if you look at the bio of residents on their website, looking like slim pickings friendHow is it possible that Ohio State is already opening up next week, thats so early! Does anyone know their history of accepting in state vs out of state?
Slim pickings?if you look at the bio of residents on their website, looking like slim pickings friend
lower probabilitySlim pickings?
The PASS process of submitting LOR is actually more complicated than just emailing it or mailing to to a school directly.why do some programs do their own applications and NON-PASS? To filter out people who really want to go to their specific program? A lot extra work for letter of recommendation writers to submit PASS and a bunch of non pass ones. I wouldn't mind doing the extra steps but my LoR writers are older and already struggle with the PASS website glitches.
i noticed in recent years if your GPA is lower than 3.8. ..So You are most likely not in top 20. You won’t get in. Doesn’t matter what you have experience, research, CEs, leadership…I believe schools care about GPA. They want you to take the board and pass it…for school reputation.
Correct me if I am wrong! Anyone got in with GPA lower than 3.8?! I mean it might take years and connections to get in. But in general high GPA is very very important!
Correct me if I am wrong! Anyone got in with GPA lower than 3.8?! I mean it might take years and connections to get in. But in general high GPA is very very important!
Not correct. A lot of people that get in are mid 3s GPA. Just depends on what else you have in your application. We even took someone that had a 2 something GPA. They graduated like 25 yrs ago though, so GPA was not so inflated as it is now. Personally, I had a 3.5 gpa (50 percentile in class), 550 ADAT, 6 yrs exp., and prior military. That landed me multiple interviews.i noticed in recent years if your GPA is lower than 3.8. ..So You are most likely not in top 20. You won’t get in. Doesn’t matter what you have experience, research, CEs, leadership…I believe schools care about GPA. They want you to take the board and pass it…for school reputation.
Correct me if I am wrong! Anyone got in with GPA lower than 3.8?! I mean it might take years and connections to get in. But in general high GPA is very very important!
Last edited:
Great! But did you get in recently?! Or graduated recently!Not correct. A lot of people that get in are mid 3s GPA. Just depends on what else you have in your application. We even took someone that had a 2 something GPA. They graduated like 25 yrs ago though, so GPA was not so inflated as it is now. Personally, I had a 3.5 gpa (50 percentile in class), 550 ADAT, 6 yrs exp., and prior military. That landed me multiple interviews.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It doesn't matter when I graduated. I was faculty and interviewed applicants within the last two yrs. There are programs that look at more than rank/gpa.Great! But did you get in recently?! Or graduated recently!
hey! do you know which programs typically consider students holistically? and which programs are more straight out of school friendly?It doesn't matter when I graduated. I was faculty and interviewed applicants within the last two yrs. There are programs that look at more than rank/gpa.
i think you should just take it lolI go to a P/F school and did not take ADAT. Applying this cycle. Chat am I cooked?
I have never been but I have heard this is the case. I was told that AAE was not a make or break for applications but is nice to have to learn more about the field.Thoughts on the AAE conference? I've got mixed reviews. I heard some program directors get annoyed because students are bombarding them
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 77
- Views
- 17K
- Replies
- 167
- Views
- 60K
- Replies
- 21
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 52
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 237
- Views
- 44K