1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Pass/Failed Orgo...Now what?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Hiangle, May 19, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Hiangle

Hiangle Just a member

Apr 30, 2013
    Due to several complicated reasons, I had to choose the dreaded path of pass/failing orgo II. I passed the course with a B, but I'm planning to retake the course this summer.

The transcript just says pass for orgo, and I was told that even if I retake the course and get an A in it, I will not be able to replace my pass with the A; it will just say on the transcript that I retook the course, and got an A in it. Is it even worth retaking it then?

Any inputs are greatly appreciated..

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. happyseal

happyseal

May 14, 2014
    Well, you are going to have to retake it to get a letter grade (unless you can petition to change the P/NP to a letter grade) because it is a required pre-req course for medical school.

xffan624 likes this.