Passage Science Study Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SaintJude

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the Electrostatics review test & found I only got 36% of my passage-based question correct, but almost all discretes correct.

This worries me. Had it been the reverse, I would know clearly that I am lacking foundational knowledge and focus more on content review. But it looks like I'm only having trouble with passage-based questions. What to do? Is practicing those passage the only answer?

passage-mapping is not seeming to help me in science section...Did anyone else have experience with this?

Members don't see this ad.

I just took the Electrostatics review test & found I only got 36% of my passage-based question correct, but almost all discretes correct.

This worries me. Had it been the reverse, I would know clearly that I am lacking foundational knowledge and focus more on content review. But it looks like I'm only having trouble with passage-based questions. What to do? Is practicing those passage the only answer?

passage-mapping is not seeming to help me in science section...Did anyone else have experience with this?

If you're talking about TBR, I've found their discretes to be quite a bit easier than the passage questions. This late in the game I'm willing to bet that your problem isn't specifically with passages, but probably with electrostatics content. Try EK 1001, or just re-reading the TBR chapter.

You most likely have a weak conceptual knowledge of the topic which is preventing you from successfully applying the concepts to new situations (i.e. passages). In general, discretes are more straight forward questions about the topic, while passages require you to apply the topic.