This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacodynamic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDNer's ESPECIALLY Georgia ones!

I wanted to make this post for the future MPJE takers of Georgia. First let me tell you, ALMOST EVERY MPJE is difficult, its law, we only got like a semester of it and mostly superficial and the important laws we use while working etc.

I studied about 6 full days for the test, the only reason was because I couldn't focus due to waiting for my NAPLEX results. Since I wasn't able to focus I just would look over random quizlets for GA-MPJE. But once I got my score for NAPLEX, it motivated me to make sure I passed the MPJE.

I used many resources to study for GA MPJE starting with:
1. pharmacyexam.com-- i bought both GA State Law exams (5 sections 30 questions each) and Federal Law questions. I honestly only used the GA state law exam, if you guys purchase this, MAKE SURE to read the description below each question you answer. If you get the question wrong try to understand why.

2. Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law Book: I focused mainly on the Acts and Laws( example: Pure Drug and Food Act etc), adulterated vs misbranded, Poison Prevention Packaging Act, Tamper-Evident, What requires a package insert vs a medguide etc, child-proofing lids etc (pharmacy practice laws), Medicare/Medicaid and DEA FORMS!! stuff I didn't read/find on state laws.

3.Quizlets: I used this mostly when I was tired of reading the book or notes etc. This was just a quick way to learn facts. I would just type in GA MPJE Quizlet on google and a lot of links will pop up.

4. Georgia Board of Pharmacy Website (important one) I hate to say it but it is good to at least read through these and take notes on what you might not be familiar with. I HIGHLY recommend this source since it will be the most updated source for the exam. See Title 16 – Chapter 13: Controlled Substances; Title 26 – Chapter 4: Pharmacists and Pharmacies; Title 43 – Chapter 1: General Provisions. Also read the rules and regulations and the Board Polices.

Night before the test, I just went through label requirements, random information I took notes on that I couldn't remember, record-keeping, DEA Forms etc (my scratch paper notes basically)

Took my test on Wednesday at 5pm. Remember you don't get a bathroom break unless you want to forfeit your time during the test. So use the bathroom before hand!

During the test: You get something to write on which for me is handy because I like to write to come to an answer etc. Use the time wisely, I had about 20 minutes leftover. Use the highlight and strike out function to make sure you are reading and eliminating as you go!

After the test: I WAS SCARED, I went to the car, looked up so many answers to questions and realized I got them wrong... I was already planning to take the test over.

Waiting for the test score: I heard that it takes around 2 business days to get the score, so I was excited to get it on Friday, BUT I DIDN'T! I had to wait all weekend long to get my score. Monday comes I start checking at 8:30am--nothing. I just keep casually checking every 30mins to hour. Finally at 1:08pm, I check my score! BAM there it is! I tell my boyfriend to check because I already was scared I failed. He said you made it by a thread! I passed with a 76! BARELY made it guys!

My advice to you guys is to know basically EVERYTHING! I should of used the 10 days I had in-between NAPLEX and MPJE to study instead of just 6 days! Go over the DEA manual on Controlled Substances if you have time, and throughly go over the laws and polices etc. MAKE NOTES!

If you need any help on understanding the law, rules & regulations or polices, let me know I don't mind answering questions! The test is doable, in my opinion, NOT EASY, need to put in A LOT OF WORK!

Good luck to all the GA MPJE takers!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hi there, congratulations on passing GA MPJE. I have my test scheduled for Dec 11th. I ordered the rxexam, and prontopass. Will definitely ask you questions once I read it. I usually read for about 48 hrs for any MPJE I have taken so far, but for some reason GA and FL I am a little nervous, one because of practicum for GA. How was it?

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

I am currently a pharmacist in TX and taking the GA practical exam in August 2019. I graduated 9 years ago , trying to understand how to prepare for this examination.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thank you!

Krish