Passed Naplex with a 103 after failing...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tmiddle1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just wanted to give everyone who did not pass the NAPLEX the first time around some advice. YOU CAN DO THIS!! The first time I took the NAPLEX was in September of 2016. I only studied for maybe 2 months prior to the exam, and ended up almost not completing the exam (since I am a very slow test taker). After I received the failing score (64), I was absolutely devastated. But I got through it, I buckled down, and I started to really study my online version of Rx Prep. I did ALL of the calculation quizzes on there until I made 100% on all of them. I also went through EVERY chapter of the book, and did NOT skip over the "unimportant" chapters. I promise you, with this new NAPLEX (standardized) there are NO UNIMPORTANT chapters. It's all laid out so that you will receive questions on just about everything. So don't skip over the OTC chapter, MS, sterile compounding, know excipients used in compounding (binders, lubricants, etc.), know the Cystic Fibrosis chapter! Just don't skip over the small stuff. I studied for another 4 months, and made a 103 (with a score variance..so I had to send in documentation explaining why my score was so much higher). Just don't give up! You can do this. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!!!! =) your hard work has paid off!!
When u r doing rxprep online quiz bank, did you also get 100% on other topics too? what percentage were u targetting (or getting) for other topics?

Hey Tmiddle1,

First congrats!!! I'm currently in the same situation :(

I wanted to know what type of documentation you provided to NABP? Books,schedual, websites...ETC

please let me know I'm freaking out

JJjang83:
I did did other quizzes on Rxprep too, but did not focus on making 100% on those (no need to, since most topics are so broad). When I took the HIV, cancer, or HTN/diabetes quizzes, I usually made around a 70%. But know those calculations!!! And don't skip over ANY chapters!!

Atown:
I provided the board of pharmacy with screenshots from my Rxprep, including my calculation quizzes (which showed my scores). I also provided an email with two paragraphs explaining how I studied, and where I went wrong the first time I took the exam. That must've been enough bc they posted my score 5 days later (after telling me to wait 10-15 days).

Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I just wanted to give everyone who did not pass the NAPLEX the first time around some advice. YOU CAN DO THIS!! The first time I took the NAPLEX was in September of 2016. I only studied for maybe 2 months prior to the exam, and ended up almost not completing the exam (since I am a very slow test taker). After I received the failing score (64), I was absolutely devastated. But I got through it, I buckled down, and I started to really study my online version of Rx Prep. I did ALL of the calculation quizzes on there until I made 100% on all of them. I also went through EVERY chapter of the book, and did NOT skip over the "unimportant" chapters. I promise you, with this new NAPLEX (standardized) there are NO UNIMPORTANT chapters. It's all laid out so that you will receive questions on just about everything. So don't skip over the OTC chapter, MS, sterile compounding, know excipients used in compounding (binders, lubricants, etc.), know the Cystic Fibrosis chapter! Just don't skip over the small stuff. I studied for another 4 months, and made a 103 (with a score variance..so I had to send in documentation explaining why my score was so much higher). Just don't give up! You can do this. :)

hello tmiddle1, am happy and excited for you dearie. pls can u please email me at [email protected] i would like to ask for ur written or typed notes using the RXPREP Book. thank u. i am willing to pay for them.

Flowergirl101:

I'm sorry, I actually don't have any of my notes. Most were made on the book I borrowed from a friend.

Hi Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience! I too have been studying for several months and failed my first try with a 70. I was wondering how was the statistics portion of the exam was for you? I'm kind of worried about it. Was it more conseptual or calculations

Ann2017: Sorry, I don't get on here often and am just seeing your post. Just know the statistics chapter backward and forward. I thought Rx Prep did a good job laying that out. I had quite a few biostats calculations if I remember correctly.

Reactions: 1 user