Passed NBDE 2 after 1 month studying. Happy to guide and share materials!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nidhs14

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear Drs,

I took the NBDE 2 exam recently in July 2014 with literally a month of sincere studying. With so many materials to choose from and being crunched with time, I was extremely confused and wasted over a week in figuring out what and where to study. Fortunately, the materials I resorted to helped me pass the exam. If anyone needs any guidance or materials, I'd be happy to share. I have all the materials on e-copy and hard paper print for sale. Contact me for further information.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello am planning to take nbde 2 in October, can you please send me the materials you have that can help me with my studying. And any suggestion on what to study will be great . Thanks. [email protected]
Dear Drs,

I took the NBDE 2 exam recently in July 2014 with literally a month of sincere studying. With so many materials to choose from and being crunched with time, I was extremely confused and wasted over a week in figuring out what and where to study. Fortunately, the materials I resorted to helped me pass the exam. If anyone needs any guidance or materials, I'd be happy to share. I have all the materials on e-copy and hard paper print for sale. Contact me for further information.
am

Hello am planning to take nbde 2 in October, can you please send me the materials you have that can help me with my studying. And any suggestion on what to study will be great . Thanks. [email protected]

am
I am planning to take part 2 in October - November , looking for female partner to study together online. If interested, please reply.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok cool, will love to have a study partner too

Hi chank07,

Sure, I'd be happy to help.I have the originals for dental decks 2012-2013 version, all ASDA released papers from 1978 upto 2014, First Aid and Mosby and Tufts Pharmacology and excellent last minute review notes on soft copy. I also have them in print if you'd like.Buyer pays shipping. The materials are for sale. Price negotiable.Contact me on [email protected].

I started studying from the dental decks and realized they were very time consuming and vast. Since I had only a month to prepare for it I needed something which was brief and important exam point of view. So I switched to Mosby and First Aid. In my opinion, first aid was excellent. It had all the important points in a nutshell, Although first aid alone is not adequate. I highly recommend studying from tufts Pharmacology notes along with Mosby on important topics like NSAIDS and some other recent drugs. I also reviewed last minute notes for exams which I found extremely useful. I referred recent ASDA released papers particularly the J,K, L and M sets twice. When I was going through the papers, I understood the style of questions and found First Aid covers them similar to the exams.

Studying for these boards I feel is very strategic. The real exam is definitely easier than the released papers. The exam mainly tests your basics and application skills. In other words, it does'nt matter where you study from. There's plenty of material available out there. It mainly depends how you study it and how much of it you retain. If you have enough time say about 3 months, I would read through the decks. But if you do not have the time, then I would recommend studying from First Aid, Mosby few topics like patient management and Pharmac and past papers. It worked for me. I prefer reading concise important matter twice or thrice rather than read vast confusing information once (referring to the dental decks). Your basics and concepts have to be very strong because the choices they give are really close.

If you would like to discuss further let me know. Hope this helps and Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user

am
Hi chank07,

Sure, I'd be happy to help.I have the originals for dental decks 2012-2013 version, all ASDA released papers from 1978 upto 2014, First Aid and Mosby and Tufts Pharmacology and excellent last minute review notes on soft copy. I also have them in print if you'd like.Buyer pays shipping. The materials are for sale. Price negotiable.Contact me on [email protected].

I started studying from the dental decks and realized they were very time consuming and vast. Since I had only a month to prepare for it I needed something which was brief and important exam point of view. So I switched to Mosby and First Aid. In my opinion, first aid was excellent. It had all the important points in a nutshell, Although first aid alone is not adequate. I highly recommend studying from tufts Pharmacology notes along with Mosby on important topics like NSAIDS and some other recent drugs. I also reviewed last minute notes for exams which I found extremely useful. I referred recent ASDA released papers particularly the J,K, L and M sets twice. When I was going through the papers, I understood the style of questions and found First Aid covers them similar to the exams.

Studying for these boards I feel is very strategic. The real exam is definitely easier than the released papers. The exam mainly tests your basics and application skills. In other words, it does'nt matter where you study from. There's plenty of material available out there. It mainly depends how you study it and how much of it you retain. If you have enough time say about 3 months, I would read through the decks. But if you do not have the time, then I would recommend studying from First Aid, Mosby few topics like patient management and Pharmac and past papers. It worked for me. I prefer reading concise important matter twice or thrice rather than read vast confusing information once (referring to the dental decks). Your basics and concepts have to be very strong because the choices they give are really close.

If you would like to discuss further let me know. Hope this helps and Good luck!!

Dear Drs,

Hey Nidhs14,

Congrats on passing on the passing the NBDE2! Isn't a great feeling? Have you taken the DSE portion? I'm struggling to pass the DSE portion wanted to ask you what you used to study for that section. Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hey Nidhs14,

Congrats on passing on the passing the NBDE2! Isn't a great feeling? Have you taken the DSE portion? I'm struggling to pass the DSE portion wanted to ask you what you used to study for that section. Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Sparkle0621,
Sorry! I dint take the DSE portion of Nerb.I took the Wreb instead. Although I think the written portion of bith the exams are similar. The Wreb was mainly concentrated on perio and pros.I do have some study material. You can pm me on [email protected] if interested.

Dear Drs,

Hello there!

I am taking part 2 in a month and I am interested on buying an e-copy and hard copy as well. Would you please contact me at [email protected].

Thank you !
Hope to hear from you soon,

dmd1595

Dear Drs,

OOOPS!!!!! Just realized that this member has been removed ! :unsure: