Passing NBPME Part I

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cliftonjr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need advice on how to pass NBPME Part I. I have taken the exam on several occasions but I have failed the exam by one or two points each time.

I desperately need to know if there are any past exams or books that relates to NBPME Part I ONLY! NOT USMLE OR COMPLEX!

I often find that the practice exams for COMPLEX OR USMLE ARE FAR MORE DIFFICULT THAN OUR EXAM--NBPME!!!

Sincerely signed,

Desperate!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

cliftonjr said:
I need advice on how to pass NBPME Part I. I have taken the exam on several occasions but I have failed the exam by one or two points each time.

I desperately need to know if there are any past exams or books that relates to NBPME Part I ONLY! NOT USMLE OR COMPLEX!

I often find that the practice exams for COMPLEX OR USMLE ARE FAR MORE DIFFICULT THAN OUR EXAM--NBPME!!!

Sincerely signed,

Desperate!!!!!!

There are no books for NBPME. I realize that the COMLEX and USMLE might be more difficult but that is the only review resource. I'm not trying to insult you but if you are worried that the USMLE and COMLEX are much harder why not prepare for those tests? Why not be over prepared?

Most students at DMU memorize the First Aid USMLE Step 1 book. Along with our academic curriculum, that is enough. However, I can't speak for the other schools.
The NBPME and USMLE are very comparable. I would suggest studying to pass the USMLE and you will pass the NBPME part 1. Think of it this way: If the NBPME part 1 WAS a lot easier than the USMLE, then you probably would have already passed it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr_Feelgood said:
There are no books for NBPME. I realize that the COMLEX and USMLE might be more difficult but that is the only review resource. I'm not trying to insult you but if you are worried that the USMLE and COMLEX are much harder why not prepare for those tests? Why not be over prepared?

You are right in that there is no review book for NBPME Part I. However, there is a review book for NBPME Part II. That is book is called Pearls of Wisdom for Podiatric Medicine (NBPME Part II). Hence, the statement taht there are no books for NBPME is partially incorrectly. :)

dpmgrad said:
You are right in that there is no review book for NBPME Part I. However, there is a review book for NBPME Part II. That is book is called Pearls of Wisdom for Podiatric Medicine (NBPME Part II). Hence, the statement taht there are no books for NBPME is partially incorrectly. :)

Sorry I should have clarified b/c there are also review manuals for Part III.

Dr_Feelgood said:
I'm not trying to insult you but if you are worried that the USMLE and COMLEX are much harder why not prepare for those tests? Why not be over prepared?

Couldn't be more correct! Just study hard and you will pass! :oops: