PAT advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VinnyGram

Reaction score
Alright guys, so I take my DAT exactly two weeks from today and I've been doing pretty well in most areas but am struggling with my timing and a few sections on the PAT (specifically keyhole and TFE). When I start a new PAT test (I use both PAT Booster and DAT bootcamp), I immediately skip to the angles and proceed from there. I usually score close to 100% on angles, hole punching and pattern folding, then head into keyhole and TFE with about 25 mins remaining (give or take a few) and this is when the problems arise.........

I take wayyyyyyy to long on keyhole questions and really struggle with them. By the time get through them I usually have around 9-10 minutes left and I always run out of time for TFE bc of it (I score btw. 5-10 right on both keyhole and TFE bc of my struggles and time constraint to give with them). I usually score between a 20-23 with this problem reoccurring every time and was wondering if anybody had any tips on how to conquer these last 2 sections efficiently to bring that final PAT score up? Anything helps!!! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

My advice would be to guess on any question that takes you more than 1 minute.
See you will see easier questions on these two sections if you guessed on the harder ones, but if you spend too much on one question, you might never get the chance to properly see the other easier questions.
This also applies to QR, never spend too much time on a hard question because it will cost you the guaranteed scores from the easier ones.

Anyway, I think you'll do fine on the PAt, don't worry to much.

I never even scored 20 on Bootcamp, and my highest was 19 there
and my average of using of Crack the dat, kaplan and bootcamp was 18.
My highest score ever was 20 on Datqvault
I ended up with 20 on Pat, which is something I am proud of :)
I never lost sleep about PAt, I mean I used to practice once a week, and that's it!

So, I think you'll be fine so long that you don't waste too much time on hard questions.

Best of luck :cat:

Practice, you should be practicing 30 minutes or more depending on how much practice you need of just PAT, and spend more time on the areas you are weak in. That's the only way to bring your score up.
Look into different tactics and strategies that are out there for keyhole and TFE online, you might find one that helps you out.

Also, I thought my actual PAT section was way more difficult than the PAT practice tests I did on Bootcamp. I'm typically a pretty calm test taker so I wasn't that stressed on test day. Bootcamp tests I'd end with 5-7 minutes left. I pretty much ran out of time on the official

If you have 9-10minutes left to do Top-Front-End, that's more than enough. At this point, I would focus on practicing using PATBooster's keyhole generator (PATBooster is the only company with a keyhole generator) and then doing the PATBooster Keyhole/TFE compilation tests. And if you haven't watched the Booster videos, they were amazing I would highly recommend them. I completely changed my keyhole technique after watching those videos. I know its tough but keep practicing and over time you'll improve.

Reactions: 1 users