PAT is about luck

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kobebucsfan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i took DAT 3 times

I used CRACK DAT PAT to prep for all 3 times. I got 22+ on all 10 practice tests. I was pretty confident

The first two times i took DAT, i got 18 on PAT. i was so mad, it was so hard

the third time i took it, it was soo easy. It seemed to be a ditto of the 2009 DAT PAT. ended up with a 21.

maybe u might get lucky and get the easy PAT version.

Members don't see this ad.

Totally agreed. Although I did well on the PAT section on my DAT, I don't know how. It was about 500x harder than CDP. Ugh!

Totally agree with you. I was worried that PAT was going to be harder on the real thing, but I just took my DAT and it was actually easier...I must have gotten lucky too!

I don't necessarily think the PAT is about luck but rather biased. For people like me I've enjoyed doing various perceptual activities as a child i.e. folding origami, looking at maps and determining topography, sculpturing, and etc. PAT for me was a cakewalk due this.

I personally think that with the right amount of practice a satistfying score is actually achievable. My advice to y'all is to develop a strategy for each section and and stick with it.

Personal techniques I use
Keyhole: Look for distinct features on the figure
TFE: Visualizing overall structure, then look for distinct features (I.e. interior shape within figure)
Angles: use answer choices to eliminate
Hole punching: Working backwards
Cube Counting: Predeterminely know what n-number of side look like
Folding: Look for unique features on the flaps