PAT: Keyhole and Rock Keyhole Strategy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hello, all!

I am taking my DAT in 9 days, and I have been practicing and really struggling with rock keyholes and keyholes in general. I’ve used Bootcamp and DAT Genius to study. I know about looking for details with normal keyholes, but rocks can be really difficult. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Idk about rock keyholes but those are rare to get, i took my DAT yesterday and didn’t have a Rock one

Idk about rock keyholes but those are rare to get, i took my DAT yesterday and didn’t have a Rock one
How did you feel about the rigor of the PAT in general? I’ve practiced with both DAT Bootcamp and Crack the Dat PAT. I find Crack the DAT to be fairly easy (usually score between 21 and 22), but Bootcamp is a little more tough (scores between 19-21).

How did you feel about the rigor of the PAT in general? I’ve practiced with both DAT Bootcamp and Crack the Dat PAT. I find Crack the DAT to be fairly easy (usually score between 21 and 22), but Bootcamp is a little more tough (scores between 19-21).

As long as you’ve continuously studied PAT you should be fine. TFE was kind of difficult but other than that everything else was basic.

Members don't see this ad :)
From my experience, keyholes weren't too bad. My strategy was just process of elimination and then double-checking my final answer by determining what orientation the object would have to be to fit through the hole. I didn't have any rocks on mine.

Reactions: 1 user
So, keyholes weren't too bad? I've constantly read on SDN that they are one of the hardest question types on the PAT.

First DAT, easy keyholes (Feb 2018)
Second DAT, harder keyholes but studied less for PAT (Aug 2018)

If you can succeed well in the other areas of PAT, then a few missed (maybe more than a few) in keyhole won’t kill you.
Goodluck

Reactions: 1 user