Path and SoCute are in our rearview mirror...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Biochemistry, is, like, ohmygawd, soooo hard.

I'd rather just keep screwing around on the Interwebs and listening to the new Shins record. But I must... work... on class. arrrrrghh.

The new Shins = :love:

Members don't see this ad.

I must say, it was great not having the match on my mind for the greater part of 3 days. Yes, it came up every now and then in conversation, but we all managed to enjoy ourselves. So because of that, I jumped the gun and posted the "dreaded" ROL thread. I'm over the process. Whatever happens, happens. And honestly, considering certain events that started out the weekend, life is just way too short to worry. I'm going to match...and I'll end up where I'm supposed to. :thumbup:

Looks like the matchitis and indecision has hit a new high with all of the threads asking about certain programs. I will post mine when I finally figure out the middle for sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Again most of you will get your #1 and almost all will get your top 3.. Good luck.

Im having din din with the AAEM prez tonite.. Yummy free food and an interesting topic!

he will talk to us as a group tomorrow as well.

I started a 2-week pulmonology clinic rotation today. The course director left me a 2-inch thick stack of articles to read, half of which bear his name. :rolleyes: I am expected to attend Grand Rounds tomorrow, which he will not be attending b/c it's too early for him. He wasn't in the office today, but he called to make sure that I had showed up. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I dislike wankers.

I hate working with people who do nothing but talk about their own research, like they are gods of that field of medicine.

Oops...I missed two days of radiology. I wonder how that happened. BTW...24 days. :D

*waggles finger menacingly at Drill and SG*

YOU TWO. STOPPIT.

Keep it up. post padding baby! The thing is I dont know what the goal is anymore? 100K? I dont know that we will hit that before I graduate from residency!

Members don't see this ad :)
By the way all these school threads are super annoying.

Here's another countdown dedicated to ST....14 min to the next episode of 24

For some reason the non-dvr hd box i have has a clearer HD picture than the dvr one I had before. The settings are the same at 1080i. Oh well, 24 is coming up!

I think Jack Bauer's trademarked line is....

"WHERE IS THE BOMB?!"

Any other suggestions?

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack Bauer just showed signs of his being the next coming of Chuck Norris. He examined a wound with only his eyes and was able to tell the extent of someone's injuries. :eek:

I'll find out tomorrow if they noticed. :thumbup:

They wont notice.. I had interviews in cali my whole 1st week and i was like, hey i can just push the start by a week. They totally didnt care. I didnt show up for the first 9 days of the rotation cause I had my step 2 CS in there as well. I actually learned some too.. and it was super easy.

They wont notice.. I had interviews in cali my whole 1st week and i was like, hey i can just push the start by a week. They totally didnt care. I didnt show up for the first 9 days of the rotation cause I had my step 2 CS in there as well. I actually learned some too.. and it was super easy.

We have to sign in now. I don't know if you guys had to last year.

Ahh, a day off today. I've got a meeting with the boss tomorrow, 5 hours of staff meetings, then the 4p-MN shift. Tuesdays sure can suck, but I don't care 'cause I'M WORKING, and that's just rad.

I got a lot done tonight, just not studying. I baked 3 batches of brownies, made some cracker dip and some cheese dip, and managed to do laundry. Sadly, my feet hurt. I guess I should have worn my shoes while I did all that. Oh well.

So, I was just reviewing my stock portfolio. Over the year of 2006 - I earned 25% :). Not bad for a n00b!

Home early from clinic! Still had to spend all morning w/the bad attending and some unfortunate patients. However, I also got to meet the best, cutest 75 year old man ever. That made it worth it.

So, I was just reviewing my stock portfolio. Over the year of 2006 - I earned 25% :). Not bad for a n00b!

Damn, how does a med student have money to put into stocks? I can't wait to invest some of the money i'll be making in residency, though probably not in stocks right away.

I love radiology...out again without actually even looking at any films.

Damn, how does a med student have money to put into stocks? I can't wait to invest some of the money i'll be making in residency, though probably not in stocks right away.

I worked for a couple years and put some money away. I figured that as long as I was doing better than my student loans in terms of earnings, I would keep the money invested. So far, so good :D.

I don't have MUCH invested in stocks, most of the (still small) amount I have is in mutual funds through a Roth IRA, but I wanted to get some practice at playing the stock market so that when I did have real money I would know what to do.

Plus, I forgot to add that my mom is REALLY good at playing the stock market (she doesn't make TONS of money, but she earns slow and steady on her investments) so I get tips from her. I generally only have to re-evaluate my portfolio every 6 months or so - and it usually only takes me a couple hours.

We have to sign in now. I don't know if you guys had to last year.

No signing in.. weird. Maybe someone just didnt show up for the whole month or something. I know they really cracked the whip on anesthesia last yr.

Not too rain on your parade but 2006 was a good yr.. They key is doing it year over yr! Good luck!

We had a very sobering talk from the AAEM Pres today. 2 hours long interesting and educational. What made it interesting was that we had Peter Rosen there who provided much of the additional background. All I can say is democratic groups is where it is at!

I had my 3rd standardized pt interview today. I managed to stumble over who I am (somewhat my name, but couldn't figure out that I was a medical student for anything). Of course this had to be a pt that pretended to come in with one thing, but was concerned about a social thing. Luckily, I somehow manage to do well on the interview part and get the trust back after blowing it in the beginning. If only I could get the introduction part down... (I messed that part up last time too).

My pt thought they may have an STD...I thought she was going to cry throughout the whole interview, but she didn't actually have any tears fall out. She said she didn't know what it was, but I just made her spill her guts. Now if I can just organize my thoughts throughout the interview and not blindside the pt, I would probably be better off. However, she said it worked for her because she wasn't expecting it, so she didn't have a lie prepared. :)

I also got to feel classmates' bottoms in lab today. Oh the excitement of med school!!! :D

Maaan.. Dr. Will is making me think about radiology for an elective... Maybe I also sign up for technology/computers in medicine and just hang out here on SDN for a month.. sweetness of 4th year.

I have an ICU test on Thursday I should be studying for but SDN has made me unable to focus. :(

I now understand why SoCute had to take a little break from posting....her tests actually mean something for her right now.

At least it's the last real test I need to pass for the rest of med school!

only a few days left of being scrutinized in the OR by anyone around (as being a med student)

Have I mentioned yet this week that I hate rounding? And to make it worse, one of my interns called me tonight to tell me that they weren't coming in, so I get to preround on more patients.

What on earth is prerounding for?

Last ICU day today. But 2 months of required clinic crap left :barf:

I'm also without hot water. I can't wait to move out of this damn place!

You should move someplace warm. I guess Cincy is warmer than Chicago, but not by much.

Think PR.

Status
Not open for further replies.