Pathology in the military (reserves)

Started by Primate
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Primate

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have info on path in the military (AP/CP, NP), especially the reserve component? Looks like I'm definitely doing a path residency, but I still want to enter the RR (pref NAVY) during residency. Anyone know a specialty leader (or how to find one - searched but didn't get any contacts)? Any idea about need for the specialty?

Comments on either AD or RR path are appreciated.

P 😱 (closest thing to a monkey I could find)
 
This'll likely be low yield, but here goes.

Anyone know if you have to do a clinical internship year if you're doing path in the military? You don't in civilian training/boarding, but I'm not sure about the military.

P
 
4 years straight path only. You can do a clinical trans year if you wish.
 
Thanks.

Having to do the clinical year just to be eligible for Reserve duty would be a drag.

P