Pathoma histology pictures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiringmd1015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are the histology pictures within pathoma and i guess FA enough for step 1? i bought robbins atlas of path, but i guess its so big and has so many pictures I'm hesitant to use it, was wondering if its needed, or whatever in pathoma and FA is enough histology wise?

Members don't see this ad.

They're believed to be representative of the highest yield images (thus they are put in), but that doesn't make them sufficient in any way. Much like Pathoma is believed to cover the highest yield path topics, but in itself pathoma is not sufficient for path on step 1.

They're believed to be representative of the highest yield images (thus they are put in), but that doesn't make them sufficient in any way. Much like Pathoma is believed to cover the highest yield path topics, but in itself pathoma is not sufficient for path on step 1.

when people say "Pathoma isn't enough for Path on step 1" -- what exactly does that mean? Obviously I haven't taken Step 1, but it feels as if Pathoma really hits on a lot of diseases and also covers more pathology than FA.So I guess my question is, when people say the above statement, does it mean that there are many more pathologies that aren't covered by pathoma or there are more mechanistic details about the pathologies in pathoma that he doesn't cover?

Members don't see this ad :)
i think maybe he means no source is really enough for pathology regarding step 1, unless maybe robbins(who's going to read that for step 1), i used it throughout my school year, but def not using robbins for step 1 lol

Have you seen anything in FA path that isn't in Pathoma? (Say yes). Then obviously pathoma isn't sufficient. Have you seen anything on an NBME or UWorld that isn't in FA Path + Pathoma? Answer is probably yes. So obviously FA+Pathoma isn't enough for path.

Even Robbins isn't enough for path. There are things in Goljan RR that are not in Robbins.