Pathoma + Sketchy + Qbanks in M2 Year (Recipe for success or disaster??)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greentealeaves

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm strategizing what I'm going to be doing for M2 year. I assume by beginning of M2 year I will have matured 10,000 Zanki cards and gone through all the Sketchy Micro and Pharm videos. I plan on only doing Pathoma, Amboss Qbank, Kaplan Qbank, USMLE RX, all the NBME's (including offline) and UWorld. I will also conservatively unlock Zanki cards as I go along (so I doubt I will mature the whole deck). I plan on completely ignoring class lectures and not using any other materials for learning. Do you think this a recipe for success or disaster? Does this strategy not include enough tools for primary learning so I actually gain a solid foundation? (For Physiology I will hav read the big version of Costanzo by beginning of M2 year and unlocked the appropriate Zanki cards, but does this strategy give me too weak of a foundation in pathology?) Ideally I would like to score above 260.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I'm strategizing what I'm going to be doing for M2 year. I assume by beginning of M2 year I will have matured 10,000 Zanki cards and gone through all the Sketchy Micro and Pharm videos. I plan on only doing Pathoma, Amboss Qbank, Kaplan Qbank, USMLE RX, all the NBME's (including offline) and UWorld. I will also conservatively unlock Zanki cards as I go along (so I doubt I will mature the whole deck). I plan on completely ignoring class lectures and not using any other materials for learning. Do you think this a recipe for success or disaster? Does this strategy not include enough tools for primary learning so I actually gain a solid foundation? (For Physiology I will hav read the big version of Costanzo by beginning of M2 year and unlocked the appropriate Zanki cards, but does this strategy give me too weak of a foundation in pathology?) Ideally I would like to score above 260.
Are you a first year? First of all worst thing you can do is overload yourself with resources so stick to a few and know the crap out of them. if you annotate First aid following with boards and beyond use Pathoma for path and sketchy for pharm and micro you should be golden. For Q banks one of them must be Uworld but leave UWorld till spring M2. in the fall use Usmle Rx to help you apply First aid in question format but stagger the questions meaning if you do renal after cardio do cardio questions during renal and so on this way you are learning it again as you start to forget stuff. Also you dont really need to do a ****ton of NBMEs you dont really learn from them they just help you with pacing and tell you where you are at score wise in reference to your goal score and wait to do those till the spring/closer to your exam IMO. Stick with boards and beyond with first aid for physio its all you need. And lastly prioritize questions that is the most important thing. Ill probably get shot for saying this on SDN but imo questions are more important than zanki yes i just said it lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Depends on how tough your med school is regarding in-class participation and how close class content mirrors high-yield step info.

My school did not require attendance to didactics and uploaded lecture recordings online.

Before each organ system I would review the corresponding system in Pathoma and FA (whatever resource you want). During the block I would skip class, spend all day studying Step 1 resources and doing Q bank questions, and cram lecture content replaying lectures at 2x speed (Who doesn't love VLC?). Did fine on med school exams, and ended up happy with my Step 1 score in the end.

Reactions: 1 user