Pathophysiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjl1717

Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a reasonable size book for Pathphysiology?

Members don't see this ad.

I got the Lange Pathophysiology book for cheap and liked it. It's not a very good USMLE style book, but a good way to develop some fundamental understanding of diseases processes to hange the rest of your knowledge on.

http://www.amazon.com/Pathophysiolo...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201655967&sr=8-1

Thank you.. The book has a few negative comments.. But since I dont see many books on this topic I guess one must start somewhere! I didnt realize the importance of this topic til I was already deeply imbedded in medicine..

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, a number of my students swear by Robbins Basic Pathology (smaller and more compactly written than Big Robbins). It has great illustrations and more "meat" than Baby Robbins. The summaries are great!

Actually, a number of my students swear by Robbins Basic Pathology (smaller and more compactly written than Big Robbins). It has great illustrations and more "meat" than Baby Robbins. The summaries are great!

I use the "medium" Robbins too. I find it has a good amount of information without being so dense. The only regret is that it doesn't have all of the great images the Big Robbins has. It does have many of the images, but not all. Luckily, the images at webpath have supplemented well, especially in the renal section of my path class.