Path's lead is shrinking..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To help with the post padding.. Why dont we all say what we want for Xmas and hanukah and then after the holidays we can compare.

Ill start.. Well im jewish and for Hanukah we get money.. My wife isnt jewish so i will get a Xmas present. hmm so I think I i will get collar stays from my wife and im not sure what else.. I kind of dont need much so it prob will be hard for her. I told her for graduation I want "dr Shoes" you know the Dansko Clogs.. Maybe Ill get them early.

Members don't see this ad.

I got this really cute cashmere mock turtleneck that has been hanging my closet since my anatomy final (over a month ago). It taunts me each day (Wear me! Wear me!) but I have resisted thus far. I also am getting a pair of gray pants that I've already worn a few times already because none of my other dress pants fit due to the "anatomy lab diet" as I like to call it.

My dad said he'd let me order school supplies through his work (YAY - and don't b---- about me stealing from the company - he's self-employed) so that's a big Christmas present there - you should see how many highlighters I go through!!!

EctopicFetus said:
Due to the incredible demand ;)
Let me see if we are still catching up on the Path guys.

Us - 29,768
Them - 34,508

Difference 4740.. We caught up by 26 POSTS!!! So since they built their lead we are up 2. Come on people we have a way to go. I know I havent been pulling my load!
Is path really that active? Do they have a lot of posters or is it just a few people making all the posts? Tons of post pads?

Maybe I should venture to the path forum and do a little intelligence gathering.

Then again, maybe we should spread the word to our EM colleagues about this wonderful thing called the SDN EM Forums!

Members don't see this ad :)
Cows moo, but can they defeat meklar?
+pad+

southerndoc said:
Is path really that active? Do they have a lot of posters or is it just a few people making all the posts? Tons of post pads?
Compared to many months ago, path forum has reached a good steady state. Before there were lots of random posts which stimulated nonsensical discussion. Now, the only activity stems from anxiety regarding interviews and the Match.
Maybe I should venture to the path forum and do a little intelligence gathering.
Yes, you should do that. Rageful gonads don't bite.
Then again, maybe we should spread the word to our EM colleagues about this wonderful thing called the SDN EM Forums!
wonderful should be in quotes. thank you. *runs*

Man things are real quiet. People are so busy interviewing and with the holidays!

AngryTesticle said:
Rageful gonads don't bite.

At least not over the Internet.

postpaddie.gif

Told that some disease had a model in Yacatan minipigs. Had no idea what they were, so thought this would be a good place to share:

Attachments

• yucatan.jpeg
    yucatan.jpeg
    10.5 KB · Views: 84
how did you decide on the screenname 'ectopicfetus'? were you thinking about going into ob/gyn when you first signed onto SDN? ah, the things that go through one's mind over the holidays. it's weird to have this much free time (even though i'm technically in the middle of a rotation). also, what is the deal with the 'postpad' icon, how do you make it display in a message, and what is it's significance? sorry for the stupid questions, but i have no idea what it is and i see it all the time. --sp

I thought now would be a good time for my first post pad ever...

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, that was amazing

substanceP said:
how did you decide on the screenname 'ectopicfetus'? were you thinking about going into ob/gyn when you first signed onto SDN? ah, the things that go through one's mind over the holidays. it's weird to have this much free time (even though i'm technically in the middle of a rotation). also, what is the deal with the 'postpad' icon, how do you make it display in a message, and what is it's significance? sorry for the stupid questions, but i have no idea what it is and i see it all the time. --sp
SubstanceP Lucky for you ;) I have some free time.

So the name was kind of a joke because of this really funny looking picture we saw in 2nd yr of med school. It was an ectopic pregnancy with a fetus and the pic had the fallopian tube cut and the fetus' butt was in the air. I can find this picture. So we found it entertaining.. Somehow I became associated with this. It was about that time that I joined so.... the rest is history. I will see if I can find this pic.

No I never thought about OB.. It was the ONLY rotation 3rd yr I disliked.. Go figure..

For the post pad icon.. use the plus sign remove the quotations and you will see it.. it is "+"pad"+"

Also if you see the emoticons.. there is a more tab.. and there are clappies etc there too!

hope this helps!

BTW +pad+

Found the pic. I have never incorporated a pic so lets see if this works..

Well I found the pic but I have no idea how to get it on here. It is on my friendster profile but I dont necessarily want to send everyone that way.. Anyone want to help me huh do ya?

EctopicFetus said:
Found the pic. I have never incorporated a pic so lets see if this works..

Well I found the pic but I have no idea how to get it on here. It is on my friendster profile but I dont necessarily want to send everyone that way.. Anyone want to help me huh do ya?

right click on the pic & choose "properties"
it'll show you the URL of the picture...copy this
to post on SDN, click on
insertimage.gif
and paste in your URL
:thumbup:

Thanks.. I'll see if I can try it later. Kinda tired. The wife dragged me out to see Chronicals of Narnja, pretty decent movie.. I never read the book!

Us - 29,811
Them - 34,536

Difference 4725.. We caught up by 25 more POSTS!!! BY match day how about a goal of 4200? Unlikely but possible. I think we made a dent of 800 or so since our onslaught started.

EctopicFetus said:

Us - 29,811
Them - 34,536

Difference 4725.. We caught up by 25 more POSTS!!! BY match day how about a goal of 4200? Unlikely but possible. I think we made a dent of 800 or so since our onslaught started.
Let's do some math...you guys catch up by 25 posts each day. Now the difference is 4725. 4725 posts divided by 25 posts/day = 189 days = approx a little over half a year.

You guys will then have started residency by then and you'll be doing actual work. By that point you won't care anymore.

But as it stands now, the collective penis of pathology is 4.725 inches bigger than the collective penis of EM. Na na na na nah nah, our dick is bigger than yourrrrrrrrrr's! :p

For movie reviews.. I saw Narnja, good movie not great. If you like seeing movies I would go see it. If you only have one movie to see this winter there is prob something better out there.

Testicle,

I think we will make more inroads come match time. We should get 25 posts easy posting posting our ROLs and then posting where we matched. That should grow us a total of maybe .25 inches..

+pad+

FoughtFyr said:
And "The Family Stone" is actually a drama, not so much a comedy, not bad but I would've liked the comedy I expected from the ads...

+pad+

- H

yeah i totally thought it was a comedy too. that kind of ambiguity reminds me of this one time in college when one of my buddies bought this book called, "games alcoholics play" because he thought it was a book about drinking games. turned out to be a book written by a psychologist about alcoholics. college was so weird.

apparently you cannot put more than nine +pad+ in one message!
+pad+
+pad+
hahahaha!

Lets try +pad+..

So I guess all my work teaching people how to +pad+ has started a sea of change +pad+. I am excited about my chance to win my fantasy football championship +pad+. It will give me a chance to get my wife +pad+ a nice gift.

+pad++pad++pad++pad++pad+

southerndoc said:
This post pad has been brought to you by southerndoc. Void where prohibited. Batteries not included. For official contest rules, see www.youretard.com.

hmm, maybe i am a little ******ed. too much tv when i was a kid, i guess.
ps: +pad+ :laugh:

I think you prob need to space them out a little more I bet you could go totally nuts and bust in like 20 or more.

In large part due to the helfulness of this thread over the last day we continue to catch up on the Path guys.

Us - 29,858
Them - 34,542

Difference 4684.. We caught up by 40 more POSTS!!!

Strong work people!

Got my COMLEX-PE score back today. Now I'm truly done with all of the requirements & can float through my electives carefree until graduation :D

oh, and +pad+

Congrats DR Mom.. Sweet feelingI am sure I will feel the same after Step 2 CS.