yumi43

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2004
New York
Status
Dentist
is anyone else having issues with pattern folding?!?! i can find a specific design or "landmark" to focus on, but when it comes to the object in some other orientation, i can't see what folds should go where. i've been practicing a lot on cdp but can't seem to find any strategy that works well enough yet. i score anywhere from 11-14 out of 15. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :(

don't even get me started on angles... siiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

ArmyGuard63a

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2009
Status
Dentist
angles I really have no advice lol,
as for folding, are you having trouble with any particular shape? some of them have distinct tricks

OP
yumi43

yumi43

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2004
New York
Status
Dentist
any trick you are willing to share is ok with me!! :D

ZzZzSleepyhead

10+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I also hate pattern folding -_-, but I'm in the same boat as you. I don't get too many wrong but some of them are lucky guesses which makes me feel really worried. The ones that really get me are the cubes with lines on them going in whatever which way.... I can't really visualize those ones too well.

OP
yumi43

yumi43

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2004
New York
Status
Dentist
yes, those cubes are a little b****. any advice for those? anyone?

Jul 29, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Naw man, TFE is the the hardest by far at least for me =p. (That's excluding angles of course)

msu2010dtb

10+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2009
Michigan
Status
Pre-Dental
Are you looking at the shading of the patterns? That's what helped me most with the section as I was continually having a difficult time with it. If you look and visualize how the shadings fit together it can be pretty easy to eliminate some of the answer choices. For the angle counting try to visualize fitting an angle inside of the other and look for the smallest/largest and what the answers give the choices for...then you only have to fit the middle two once you figure that out. If this helps at all?