Paul Farmer???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SydSue027

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Is Paul Farmer too obvious an answer for the question, who would you want to interview? I really do think he's interesting and amazing, but I just don't want to say that if it's the most common answer in the world. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

i dont think he's the most common answer in the world. if you can explain your reasoning, i think you would be fine.

btw, has anyone ever been asked this question at a med school interview recently?

haha that's funny cause as I'm reading this I look down and see the book im reading for my med humanities class is by him. AIDS and accusation

Members don't see this ad :)
I've actually met the guy. Unfortunately, I think he's a deutsche. the fame has gotten to his head....

I've actually met the guy. Unfortunately, I think he's a deutsche. the fame has gotten to his head....

Wow, that's really unfortunate! His work and writing is so inspiring, especially to a future Peace Corps volunteer and (hopefully) future physician like myself!

A Deutsche? No, Paul Farmer is definitely not a German. I am pretty sure that he is an American.

A Deutsche? No, Paul Farmer is definitely not a German. I am pretty sure that he is an American.

I assumed this was some sort of new slang for douche..haha...I am so behind the times.

Someone else on the forums I read about met him too and they said he was incredibly humble in person.. care to share about your story He2?

Never heard of this Farmer guy.
Is he in agriculture health?

Maybe I should consider another profession.

:smuggrin:

If you have not heard of him, you should start by reading "Mountains Beyond Mountains," a biography about him.

That's exactly what I thought when I read that. And having read mountains beyond mountains I was pretty sure he was American.