Pay fees now or wait for letters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eldmd_32

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm currently in communication with 2 of my letter writers. They said they both already submitted but I haven't received notification about it and it's not updated on my profile. I contacted AADSAS to see if everything's working okay. Until then should I go ahead and pay supplemental fees that have been requested or wait until the letter issue is resolved? I'm worried that if I pay the fees and schools start reviewing my app that they're not going to wait to receive the other letters and just toss me into the "NO" pile :(

Members don't see this ad.

I paid/waived my fees before my committee sent their packet (in July).

Hey,

I'm currently in communication with 2 of my letter writers. They said they both already submitted but I haven't received notification about it and it's not updated on my profile. I contacted AADSAS to see if everything's working okay. Until then should I go ahead and pay supplemental fees that have been requested or wait until the letter issue is resolved? I'm worried that if I pay the fees and schools start reviewing my app that they're not going to wait to receive the other letters and just toss me into the "NO" pile :(
I don't think that's how dental schools handle applications... that'd be unethical... at least in my opinion. You should be able to see right away (at least the next day) if your LOR writers submitted their letters..

I don't think that's how dental schools handle applications... that'd be unethical... at least in my opinion. You should be able to see right away (at least the next day) if your LOR writers submitted their letters..

I know...either my letter writers thought they submitted the letters but forgot to, or there's a glitch in the system. They told me on two occasions that they already submitted and even re-tried and as far as they knew it was done. AADSAS told me today that they don't have anything from them so I have to wait for them to retry. I just hope the letters get submitted soon and all goes well lol. But thanks for the responses you guys!