Paying for Post Baccs AND Medical School...

Started by River Rat
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

River Rat

Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey, I was just wondering what you guys (that are already in medical school) are doing to pay for medical school after you've already gone through a post-bacc like Gtown's SMP or BU's MAMS. I'm under the impression (I don't get loan policy too much) that you only have a set amount of money to borrow for all post-graduate education. Gtown and BU are around 50k to 100k total, let's say. What are you guys doing to pay for the costs of actual medical school? I'm afraid outside of loans, I don't really have much of a chance of affording 50k a year on my own.

Thanks! (not sure if this is a repost or not, my apologies.)
 
River Rat said:
hey, I was just wondering what you guys (that are already in medical school) are doing to pay for medical school after you've already gone through a post-bacc like Gtown's SMP or BU's MAMS. I'm under the impression (I don't get loan policy too much) that you only have a set amount of money to borrow for all post-graduate education. Gtown and BU are around 50k to 100k total, let's say. What are you guys doing to pay for the costs of actual medical school? I'm afraid outside of loans, I don't really have much of a chance of affording 50k a year on my own.

Thanks! (not sure if this is a repost or not, my apologies.)

At BU you will pay about 37k in tuition for the first year. If you decide to stay a second year, you will pay a continuing education fee of about 2k per semester. Factor in your living expenses and that comes to 60k for the first year. For the second year, you should be able to work so that should cut down your costs as well.
 
jklasser17 said:
At BU you will pay about 37k in tuition for the first year. If you decide to stay a second year, you will pay a continuing education fee of about 2k per semester. Factor in your living expenses and that comes to 60k for the first year. For the second year, you should be able to work so that should cut down your costs as well.

ah, but do you have any problems finding enough money leftover in loans to be able to pay for medical school?