paying for Sackler

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skye04

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Maybe this isn't the best board to post this in, but is it possible to pay for attending Sackler Medical School with a NHSC grant? Would they give that out to someone attending a quasi-foreign med school? If not.... any other good ideas for paying for school that might be specific to Sackler? For example is it possible for a U.S. citizen in medical school in Israel to work part-time, legally or not? Also, if you think this question might be better received on another board, let me know. thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

call theoffice-in nyc -there-is-no-problem-getting-financial-aid-this-is-one-of-the-best-schools-in-the-world

i just found out how cheap sackler is. That will def. be a nice perk if I end up there.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you are lucky to get in there take it its a great school and everyone who goes there has a great residency. good luck

Unfortuntely, you can get neither military nor NHSC grants initially. However, if you join later, both programs will help you pay off your loans. It?s not really worth it for the money, though, doing private medicine will get you much more $$$ if you want to pay off your loans.

Don?t bother trying to work or save money - it?s not worth it. Just enjoy all of the free time you will have (more than any US med school) to hit the beach and travel.

Just crank on the loans. They sound like a lot of money now, but 200Gs is really not that much when you?re making 200-400K as an attending and a decent house costs 300K or more.

i always wonder why walkower types-like-this.

kinda freaky...and i dunno why but gives me the impression that he is an old man trying to sell something lol :laugh:

hehe sorry no offence intended.

Dear "Dr.OnTheGo " Your childish comment above is very amusing -actually i am on the interview committee for sackler and am answering a real question on this board to someone who has grown up.

:laugh: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :spam: :spam: :)