You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
PBA Class of 2015
Started by PharmCase
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
anyone apply or plan on applying to Palm Beach Atlantic for next fall?
Yes, I already applied through Pharmcas, application was mailed out to schools today and I submitted the Supplemental a few days ago.
did you guys apply regular or early admission?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, I already applied through Pharmcas, application was mailed out to schools today and I submitted the Supplemental a few days ago.
how long did it take for them to mail it. I e-submitted it on friday and it still says "not mailed" under my status.
how long did it take for them to mail it. I e-submitted it on friday and it still says "not mailed" under my status.
I e-submitted 8-8-10, received transcripts 8-10 and was mailed out 8-30
Regular, I didn't know if Pcat had to be in by the Sept 3 deadline, I only took it this past Aug.did you guys apply regular or early admission?
I e-submitted 8-8-10, received transcripts 8-10 and was mailed out 8-30
oh wow so it took a while. I applied early decision and yeah they dont accept test scores after the June 2010 PCAT so you couldn't have applied anyways. did you apply to any other schools?
I am applying to PBA and NOVA. GPA is 3.57 but I don't have my pcat scores yet. I don't think aug scores will be good enough.
I heard the average student accepted a Palm Beach Atlantic has a 3.2 or 3.3 with PCAT scores around the 60s. Not sure about NOVA but its probably similar.
Last edited:
wow thats def higher than my gpa I have a 3.22 overall and a 3.02 science according to pharmcas and i'm cleared to graduate with a B.S. in Biological Sciences this fall. dont worry about your PCAT, I thought I got like a 40 or a 50 on that and I ended up with an 80 composite. which would you rather go to?
I heard the average student accepted a Palm Beach Atlantic has a 3.2 or 3.3 with PCAT scores around the 60s. Not sure about NOVA but its probably similar.
Probably Nova here at PGA. i think Nova's requirements may be alittle higher.
Probably Nova here at PGA. i think Nova's requirements may be alittle higher.
nice yea if i don't get into PBA my second choice is definitely NOVA at PGA.
I got called for an interview already and it's going to be on Friday. Man, im nervous lol.
Do u have any pharmacy experience?
Do u have any pharmacy experience?
yea i volunteered at a hospital pharmacy for about a year and a half.
I got called for an interview already and it's going to be on Friday. Man, im nervous lol.
That's exciting! You did the early decision right? I wonder when do they do regular interviews?
Good luck and tell us how it went.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's exciting! You did the early decision right? I wonder when do they do regular interviews?
Good luck and tell us how it went.
Yea thanks. I'll make sure to tell ya how it went once its over. Yea I did early decision. They gave me the option of this friday or the 24th. So I am assuming that those are the only times they plan on interviewing for ED. So regular interviews must start in early October.
The interview went very well. Very relaxed and felt really comfortable being there. There was 16 of us and about 12 were PBA pre-pharmers. So there were about 4 that didnt apply from there and some of those were regular applicants not early decision. So i guess you should be getting a call soon for an interview.
The interview went very well. Very relaxed and felt really comfortable being there. There was 16 of us and about 12 were PBA pre-pharmers. So there were about 4 that didnt apply from there and some of those were regular applicants not early decision. So i guess you should be getting a call soon for an interview.
That's good to hear, what did they ask u in th interview? And how about the chem and math test?
Just got accepted today!!! glad that's over and done with. applying so early was the best decision I made. cant wait for next year.
Wow, congrats on the acceptance! That was really quick!!
I'm still working/stalling on my PBA supplemental and trying to decide if this school is really right for me. Besides the convenience factor, what else was a selling point for you?
JD
congrats!!!!
Did you get a phone call? or a letter in the mail??
I interviewed there a couple of weeks ago and I haven't heard anything 🙁
Congrats again!!!
Did you get a phone call? or a letter in the mail??
I interviewed there a couple of weeks ago and I haven't heard anything 🙁
Congrats again!!!
Just got accepted today!!! glad that's over and done with. applying so early was the best decision I made. cant wait for next year.
Wow, congrats on the acceptance! That was really quick!!
I'm still working/stalling on my PBA supplemental and trying to decide if this school is really right for me. Besides the convenience factor, what else was a selling point for you?
JD
thanks a lot. I just felt it was the right fit because of the environment. It just feels like your at home. Everyone is so nice and caring and the fact that the class only has 75 students makes it a more personalized experience. I'm sick of just being a number. I honestly feel like the faculty really cares about their students.
Last edited:
congrats!!!!
Did you get a phone call? or a letter in the mail??
I interviewed there a couple of weeks ago and I haven't heard anything 🙁
Congrats again!!!
Thank you. We probably interviewed at the same time then I believe it was Sept 9th right? I was one of the few guys there lol. But yea Carrie called me yesterday and notified me. Best of luck to you! Hopefully you'll get a call soon.
just got accepted today!!! Glad that's over and done with. Applying so early was the best decision i made. Cant wait for next year.
wow man! You made me shed a tear! Lol i go to uf, but you dont know how much i want to go to nova! 🙂
congrats! Good job🙂🙂🙂!
Do you mind if i ask you for your stats?
wow man! You made me shed a tear! Lol i go to uf, but you dont know how much i want to go to nova! 🙂
congrats! Good job🙂🙂🙂!
Do you mind if i ask you for your stats?
haha thanks lol. I appreciate it.
Last edited:
Just got accepted today!!! glad that's over and done with. applying so early was the best decision I made. cant wait for next year.
Congrats, that's awesome... I bet its nice to have it all over with.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks...yea its definitely a relief.Congrats, that's awesome... I bet its nice to have it all over with.
Wow Congratulations!!! I was there on Sept 9 too, but I just submitted my PharmCAS. I go to PBA now. How was the interview for you?
Again, Congratulations!!!!
Thank you....we probably saw each other that day lol. but yea i guess they wait a little longer for the PBA pre-pharmers to they get all of your stuff. Good Luck!! The interview went great though wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be... how did u do?
Last edited:
yea i actually interviewed on the 24th also, praying that i get in>>>

I received an interview invite to PBA for Nov.
When? I have my interview on the 12th of nov
I received an interview invite to PBA for Nov.
congrats!!! hopefully it goes well.
I am declining a seat at Pba. I have been accepted to a different school 🙂
oh nice. congratulations!!!
I applied, sent my PharmCAS app in Nov. 3rd but it appears they still haven't processed it... =/ getting antsy. Went ahead and submitted my supplemental.
I will post if/when I hear anything =D
I will post if/when I hear anything =D
I applied, sent my PharmCAS app in Nov. 3rd but it appears they still haven't processed it... =/ getting antsy. Went ahead and submitted my supplemental.
I will post if/when I hear anything =D
It took them about 2 months to get back to me.
oh nice. congratulations!!!
Thanks !
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It took them about 2 months to get back to me.
ohhh noooo =( I have this fear that they are going to run out of seats by the time they get to my application... I've actually had this nightmare twice already. lol
ohhh noooo =( I have this fear that they are going to run out of seats by the time they get to my application... I've actually had this nightmare twice already. lol
dont worry they wont. from what ive heard the past couple years they have gone into May without having the class filled. you will be fine. I know a bunch of people that have gotten in and declined seats. I think i was the only one who accepted the offer lol.
I can kind of understand why people would go elsewhere though... the forced chapel and community service hours are a huge turn-off to me, especially since I'm not christian. because you know, in addition to working a job and really hard courses, i will have so much free time for that. ::sigh:: not to mention the horrible $2k laptop i don't want.
I can kind of understand why people would go elsewhere though... the forced chapel and community service hours are a huge turn-off to me, especially since I'm not christian. because you know, in addition to working a job and really hard courses, i will have so much free time for that. ::sigh:: not to mention the horrible $2k laptop i don't want.
lol i feel ya. the chapel isn't really all that bad tho. its once a week every friday for about one hour in between your classes. so its not like you have to go out of your way to go to it. even if your not christian its nice to sit through those sometimes, kinda relaxes you. they really don't force religion on you. the laptop technically is included in the tuition, the only problem is the high priced tuition. I was between PBA and NOVA, both expensive with PBA being about 5 or 6 k more a year. So i asked my self where do I want to spend the next 4 years of my life. The environment at PBA is what sold me. It just seems like the faculty really cares about their students, something that NOVA def doesn't have imo.
I got called for an interview already and it's going to be on Friday. Man, im nervous lol.
If u dont mind then plz share ur interview questions n experience.......thxs
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 2K
