PBA Class of 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have an interview in January! Would love to hear your interview experiences and tips! Are the math test + essay difficult?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview in January! Would love to hear your interview experiences and tips! Are the math test + essay difficult?

essays are easy....chem math test is pretty basic...even if you don't do all that well it wont count all that much...as long as u showed u had a good PCAT score they wont look too much into it. Interview was very laid back. Really nothing to worry about. Very reasonable questions (why pharmacy...what are your goals....why PBA, etc) good luck!!

I was accepted and will be attending next year. anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
thanx. lookin forward to meeting you and everyone else who has been accepted.

Yep just got accepted. Now to see if I get accepted at Nova interview next fri. Wats PBA tuition for yr?

congratulations! well PBA is 30,000 a year while NOVA is 24,000 a year.

Mayde I was there on the 4th. And I got accepted. Ur from Miami right? Ur were u from buffalo?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone thought to make a facebook page for the Class of 2015? That way we can start getting to know each other!

yeah thats a great idea! i know the school does one eventually. but might as well start to get to know each other. anyone know how to make one?

Awesome! Thanks for creating the group! Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

After 2 weeks of soul searching, ive decided to give up my seat of LECOM to attend PBA.:laugh:

I had my interview wit NOVA last friday, and one of their students told me about their remedial tests, if you fail a final you get a chance to retake test. And the dropout rate for NOva is really low. Does anyone know wats PBA's policy is on failing and wat is the dropout rate? And all the tests at nova r multiple choice. How r PBA's does anyone kno?

I had my interview wit NOVA last friday, and one of their students told me about their remedial tests, if you fail a final you get a chance to retake test. And the dropout rate for NOva is really low. Does anyone know wats PBA's policy is on failing and wat is the dropout rate? And all the tests at nova r multiple choice. How r PBA's does anyone kno?

I know that the dropout rate is really low at PBA too. But from what I understand is that if u fail a final u fail the class and have to retake the class the following year with students that are a grade below you. And from what I hear most if not all test are multiple choice.

Hi everyone, I am officially accepted to PBA and will be attending.
clip_image001.gif

congrats mad scientist girl!

nope, I'm from west palm... the Cuban girl with the accent
clip_image002.gif

nice im from west palm and im cuban too lol.

Oh, I cant remember. I know there was a girl who was bit by a scorpion, a girl from Canada, an elderly lady(by elderly I mean mid -late 20's). And I remember a couple others. Wat was ur unique thing that u told the dean?

Hello everyone!

I have just rec'd an interview invite for Fri,March 25th!Anyone else interviewing on that date?
I heard there is a test during the interview any suggestions on how to study & does anyone know if it has a great impact with determining admissions?

I'm excited!

Appreciate any feedback! :)

Just relax, and be urself at the interview. Be prepared with answers for some basic questions like Why pharmacy? The test is pretty str8forward, no need to panic. Just answer their questions with complete honesty and be ready to ask them questions; thinks of a couple questions to ask them. GuD Luck!

i've got an interview on the 25th. please could anyone tell me the specific questions they asked? thanks

i've got an interview on the 25th. please could anyone tell me the specific questions they asked? thanks
The same questions any other pharmacy school would ask. Look at the interview feedback section of the website

Hey guys,

I got accepted to both of those schools: Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy and Palm Beach Atlantic School of Pharmacy. The main reason why I want to attend both of them is because of the Christian and caring environment. Besides the price and location, Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of going to the schools? They are both christian and private and I would like to know the differences between the schools.

Thank you!

I'll be at the Friday March 25th interview as well. I'm also not christian, but I don't have anything against a religious atmosphere.

I'm just curious, besides the course work and school... how do the current students like the environment (what are the pros and cons)... and what is the social/recreational aspect like? Not that I'll be deciding what school I attend solely based on this... but its nice to know if the students are happy and enjoying their time.

Hey!

Has anyone heard back from PBA since the March 25th interview??

Yup, just heard back from them. Carrie called, and I have been accepted :)

good luck guys!

oh, how exciting! Congrats! Is this your first choice?

I'm surprised there are so few people that have joined the facebook group...

I'm surprised there are so few people that have joined the facebook group...

i know right. we're trying to get more people to add themselves. congrats btw to all who have been accepted recently.

I called the school about the joint MBA/PharmD program. Anyone know more details about this? I know you take the prereq courses in your first year, and then start the actual MBA courses in the summer ( so it won't interfere with pharm courses). This sounds like a great opportunity.

Can anyone elaborate on the pros and cons or the difficulty of pulling off such a feat?

Also does anyone know the specific name and number for who I should talk to this about. I didn't catch the name of the lady I talked with, and I lost the number as my phone died the following day and I had to get a new one.

I called the school about the joint MBA/PharmD program. Anyone know more details about this? I know you take the prereq courses in your first year, and then start the actual MBA courses in the summer ( so it won't interfere with pharm courses). This sounds like a great opportunity.

Can anyone elaborate on the pros and cons or the difficulty of pulling off such a feat?

Also does anyone know the specific name and number for who I should talk to this about. I didn't catch the name of the lady I talked with, and I lost the number as my phone died the following day and I had to get a new one.

from what i hear it takes 5 years to accomplish this. most people take their business classes the 5th year (not all are offered in summer). apparently there has only been one person since the pharmacy school who was able to graduate at the same time as his fellow classmates. Call Carrie Gomez and ask. Her number is 561-8032750.

hey guys, just wondering...how safe is the west palm beach area? i'm planning on exploring the city/school the day before my interview. i'm not gonna have a car..most likely gonna walk around and ride my longboard. i keep hearing WPB has a high crime rate. i'm scared i'm gonna get mugged or something haha

hey guys, just wondering...how safe is the west palm beach area? i'm planning on exploring the city/school the day before my interview. i'm not gonna have a car..most likely gonna walk around and ride my longboard. i keep hearing WPB has a high crime rate. i'm scared i'm gonna get mugged or something haha

its safe just as long as you dont venture into bad neighborhoods. pba is in downtown wpb, you can go to city place (about 2 or 3 min west of pba) and you can go to clematis street which is a little north of city place, just don't go farther north of that because you can get into trouble. you can also go east of pba and you'll be fine. you'll see the intercoastal and then the beach.

what are the housing options for this school? i dont even know